VTEC Didn't Kick In

jer510

Reaction score
Last night I floored my car just so I could hear my intake. I was going about 30 mph when I floored it and for some reason VTEC didn't kick in. And then I tried it two more times after and it kicked in. Not sure why that happened. Any suggestions though? I read some posts saying it could be oil pressure, solenoid. I have no CEL.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Check your oil level... I know mine is somewhat low right now and if I take a turn fairly quick it won't engage

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
vtec needs oil pressure, coolant temp, speed and throttle postion. one of those must not have been working at the moment to engage vtec

But with no CEL and you say it was warmed up, then it might have been low oil

jer510

Reaction score
If it was the solenoid would the CEL come on? Engine oil wasn't low when I checked the dipstick.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
vtec needs oil pressure, coolant temp, speed and throttle postion. one of those must not have been working at the moment to engage vtec

But with no CEL and you say it was warmed up, then it might have been low oil

^ This!

... and also vtec engages depending on rpm, mph, and load ... you guys are funny, it's not going to kick in every single time you just because you slam your foot on the gas ... i wouldn't worry about it

Back