want to lower sedan on even lower budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmeister

Reaction score
Hey guys ive managed to collect some paypal money and i want to lower my 4cyl sedan around 2". I am thinking of getting tein.ss springs ($200 new on ebay) and using them with the stock shocks until they blow. I am not sure whether or not i will need a camber kit. What do you recommend?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you wont need a camber kit. and your stock shocks will probably blow pretty quick. do it right the first time....suspension is nothing to cheap out on.

vtec_905

Reaction score
If it's just temporary, tein s. techs are a good choice. You wont need a camber kit for anything under a 2" drop.

98acclude

Reaction score
dont lower it on your stock suspension because they'll probably blow just putting them on... I know from experience... got to like oreilly's and buy sum like cheap monroe shocks for stock replacements because they have a life time warranty and new shocks are a good idea.... I threw springs on my old oem shocks and just lowering it down on the jack they blew and leaked everywhere... and the ride sucked and I bounced and scraped everything... and a camber kit in the front would probably be a good idea...

but dont lower them on your old OE shocks... they wont be able to handle it... you dont have to go crazy and buy expensive shocks on a budget but get some new ones. I did and they never blew on me but if you're wanting better performance you'll want to upgrade you shocks but if you're just wanting to lower it sum for now get sum new shocks. hope I helped

kashmeister

Reaction score
Ok so once ive lowered it with just springs and the shocks blow, all i have to do is swap the shocks? I dont have the money for good shocks right now, but im looking into tokicko blues.

Also how hard is it to put on the springs/shocks yourself? I bought new rotors and pads so i want to do everything at once.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Just do it right the 1st time. Take it from a Guy who's made the same type of mistake the 1st time and had to go back and redo it.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
get the tokico's now I lowered my car on s techs and stock shocks and they blew within a week. then I had to ride around in a bouncy *** car that wasn't really very safe to drive for about a month till I could afford tokico blues. Which means I had to take my whole suspension apart twice. save your time and money and just wait till you can do it right.

kashmeister

Reaction score
Alright i am going to take your Advice and get shocks at the same time... I want good shocks but i dont want to spend too much money. What shocks do you recommend?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the tokico blues (hp's) you mentioned getting are actually a great idea. tokico shocks are good stuff, i had illuminas on my first 6g with skunk2 sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back