want to lower sedan on even lower budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
listen to everyone just like Sketch said dont be cheap ! suspension is not something to be cheap about , & just like everyone else already said if u gotta save up to get something good then do it everyone here knows what their talking about from experience with these cars. it wouldve never blown on you if you wouldve read what you were previously told not to put springs on stock shocks they arent built for that type of use.

sorry i sound like parent, ranting....:furious:

Fuzz

Reaction score
Being in the industry of modifying cars and racing as I have been for quite a few years now - it shocks me that people seem to be unaware for their safety or the safety of others.

Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension are just a few things that you do not want to "cheap out on".

A shock very rarely "just explodes", it wears out. Chances are if you were to JUST change your shocks - you would probably notice a difference in handling. Now you're going to put a stiffer spring on a car with factory worn shocks - and the handling will be all over the place.

Your wasting time and money by only changing your springs. Labour isn't cheap - and even if you do it yourself - YOUR TIME - is worth a dollar value. Why pay double when you can just wait an extra 2 months, and save up the cash for some shocks.

You live in Chicago... Its going to be winter soon. Do it in the 'spring' and do it right!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you don't have the money for struts, wait to install springs until you do. You will regret having to redo suspension because you didn't do it right the first time. Just listen to the folks here, they're trying to help you. ;)

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
heres what you should do, use the money and save a little more for tokico struts, then when you save some more money buy some used springs from the for sale thread. people are constantly selling springs, so you might grab them for a deal.

take it from me, I've been waiting about a year for decent suspension parts and finally i was able to make the purchase. all in all cost me 450 for springs/struts. but it will be worth it in the long run.

Momentum

Reaction score
heres what you should do, use the money and save a little more for tokico struts, then when you save some more money buy some used springs from the for sale thread. people are constantly selling springs, so you might grab them for a deal.

take it from me, I've been waiting about a year for decent suspension parts and finally i was able to make the purchase. all in all cost me 450 for springs/struts. but it will be worth it in the long run.

jumping in*

What are "struts" :x are there different names for it?

meximan16

Reaction score
i ran tein s-techs on stock shocks for two years without any problems.

kashmeister

Reaction score
yea, I found a FS thread with tein stech and kyb gr2, probably going to go for it.

I'm pretty sure kyb suck, but at least they have lifetime warranty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back