What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

truWarier02

Reaction score
Chris, the Absorber is great. Just make sure you blot the paint and don't rub the paint with it. Sometimes even after a good wash, some dirt may still be left on the paint and the Absorber can't catch the dirt like a microber towel can and the dirt will just drag on the paint.

I use a $30 electric leaf blower to blow off most of the water and then use a detail spray to help dry the little water that's left. Since most, if not all, detail sprays are hydrophobic, it makes wiping off water a lot easier. Then you can top it off with some spray wax. It will make your paint pop and provide at least enough protection until your next wash.

Most importantly, just have fun with it and find what works best for you.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points Davis. The absorber does not have fibers on it compared to a microfiber towel that can pick up any remaining leftover dirt that was missed during the wash.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all tires are created equal

I recently bought a tire coating kit and it included a tire cleaner as well. I decided to test it's performance on a semi dirty tire nothing too bad. The tire cleaner does a good job(nothing that makes me say WOW I need to buy it again). I did not notice much brown dirt coming off upon contact like some other tire cleaners I've used before. Upon rinsing off the product I noticed the sidewall of the tire turned white like it was bleached. Initially, I thought the tire cleaner was too strong and it stripped the protective UV layer. What I thought was dirt that's being removed from the tire is actually vital antiozonants and rubber conditioners leaching out from the surface due to the aggressiveness of the cleaner being used.

Tire after cleaner

I decided to test the tire cleaner on a really dirty and old tire that's a more reputable brand which was Falken. I did the same procedure with same techniques and products. What do you know....??? There was no discoloration or whitening of the sidewall. Because of this my conclusion is the cheap tire brand uses weaker compound material/less chemical resistant to make the tire. One last point I want to mention as well is that the rubber on the sidewall got scratched by the tire brush bristles as well. I have not experienced this situation before and I learned something new.

Last edited:

HayyItsRay

Reaction score
Didn't do too much myself, but I tried out a new detailer about half an hour from where I live. Got a wash, clay, wax and it looks like my car's exterior has just been rejuvenated! Would love to get this job done on my own sometime. No super nice pics, but I snapped some with my phone.

picture.php

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks shiny and clean. Would you like to know which products to buy to achieve this finish? Or you want more information on the techniques and process?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Product review: Turtle Wax Jet Black Black Endura Shine Tire Coat Kit

Description borrowed from Amazon:

New acrylic polymer technology provides longer lasting shine than conventional silicone products

For customers that want control over application and level of shine - from deep black satin to high shine

Lasts for months without washing off

Black tinted formula hides browning and improves the look of discolored tires

Kit contains: 16 ounce tire cleaner, 8 ounce tire shine, applicator and glove

Pic of the tire cleaning in action. Not much browning upon immediate contact nor does it foam, but you can see a trial of dirt falling off the tire

The consistency of the tire coating is kinda watery. Careful not to apply too much in one concentrated area on your applicator. Apply a even amount starting from top to bottom of the applicator pad to prevent spills on the floor

Put a rag just in case it drips

Apply thin even coats or it will leave streaks on the tires. I made a mistake on the first tire and I adapted to a new technique. Instead of applying some and cover half a tire, apply product one time top to bottom on applicator and do a one shot all around the tire. Let it sit for 10mins to apply additional coats if necessary to achieve desired shine.

2nd coat

Before and after of the messed up tire

Outside shot in the sun

It's been a couple weeks already and I can say it still looks good. No sign of the coating wearing off yet. If it can last 2 months I will switch over to this product. After all the trial and error to learn how to use this product it's safe to say it will stay in my arsenal and will be using it more often.

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 month update on the wax I used: collinite 845

6 month update: Still good, but not as strong as before

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friend picked up a 65 Chevy Nova and brought it over to get inspected. Found out whole car was repainted and some damage here and there.

Back