What I'm going for.

sweagle02

Reaction score
the only things ive done are a headunit, one 12" sub, and an amp. tuned it good, and it hits pretty good inside, but not overly crazy outside the car. its a good enough setup for me, and sounds like probably what you want. the only thing im going to add also is just some new 6x9's in the rear.

That actually doesn't sound too bad. Might just be wht im looking for.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea dude. ive had this same setup since ive had my last accord....since 2004, haha. og status ftw.

but really, ive had the same setup since 04, and loved it ever since, even when i had it setup and tuned in my gti. tuning is the main part. if you tune it right, it should sound good. i love how mine sounds.

if i have the volume set to 10 on my headunit, the sub hits decently enough for inside the car, when you can barely hear it outside of the car.

sweagle02

Reaction score
yea dude. ive had this same setup since ive had my last accord....since 2004, haha. og status ftw.

but really, ive had the same setup since 04, and loved it ever since, even when i had it setup and tuned in my gti. tuning is the main part. if you tune it right, it should sound good. i love how mine sounds.

if i have the volume set to 10 on my headunit, the sub hits decently enough for inside the car, when you can barely hear it outside of the car.

how do you tune a sound system? this is new to me.

Nismode

Reaction score
Is it possible to keep the factory headunit and still upgrade the sound (possibly with a sub)?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
JL Audio all the way!! JL or go home!

I have a 12w6v2 with a JL 500/1 amp for my lows and Alpine type s Speakers all the way around powered by an Audiobahn amp. Sounds perfect for my taste.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd start from scratch. Headunit, speakers, subs, amp/amps. This could easily get into the $1000 price range fast though. Depending on if you really get quality, not only will it have more bass, sound fuller, etc, than the factory system, it will be MUCH cleaner sounding as well. Our stock system has nothing that can't easily be improved upon.

If you just want something simple, get a small sub that doesn't need much power. I would recommend a better headunit as well but if the amp can be driven from the rear speakers, it will probably be fine for this type of setup. For most people I know, this tends to end up being the beginning of building a much better system than the endpoint.

Back