What'd you do to your accord today?

paypalbid

Reaction score
If you buy the oem upper ball joint then you can replace just the ball joint. Aftermarket sell the whole control arm together with ball joint. Since my car has 348,000 miles and lowered so everything is loose so i went with the whole after market control arm.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Was driving today and saw something small and shiny fly up over my hood and windshield. Discovered tonight it was my front V6 emblem haha. But now my grill looks ghetto. :(

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Was driving today and saw something small and shiny fly up over my hood and windshield. Discovered tonight it was my front V6 emblem haha. But now my grill looks ghetto. :(

JUST enough time to get that replaced before Memphis, if you need to.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Limped my car to the dealership that my cousin works at for him to confirm that my transmission is indeed completely done for :sad:

Which leaves me 24 hours to source the parts for Paul to do a 6 speed swap before my parents just tell him to put in a remanufactured autotragic...

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Limped my car to the dealership that my cousin works at for him to confirm that my transmission is indeed completely done for :sad:

Which leaves me 24 hours to source the parts for Paul to do a 6 speed swap before my parents just tell him to put in a remanufactured autotragic...

What all do you need? Just wondering

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Paul basically laid out 3 options for me, given that a full CL-S 6 speed drivetrain is hard to come by nowadays with low miles.

1. Conventional 6 speed swap with Richie's harness (probably a 6 speed from a 7th gen)
2. J35 + Auto 5 Speed from 03/04 Oddy or Pilot
3. J35 + 6 Speed from CL-S or Accord

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
It's mainly a time and money thing for me right now. I was expecting the transmission to last a little bit longer so that I could save up and slowly acquire all the parts, but then it just gave out on me all at once. My parents are willing to kick in $3k (the cost of buying and installing a remanufactured automatic), anything over that is on me. With the swap's labor costing $1,500, that leaves me with another $1,500 to source parts (plus my own cash). That wouldn't be too bad, except they want a decision made soon. As in the next day or two soon. Which is where the biggest problem is.

Back