What'd you do to your accord today?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
How is it as far as durability?

My door trim doesn't get touched, but as far as the elements, it's started to rain alot here and get windy.

Just wondering how it would hold up over the rainy/winter weather.

Jordan_H

Reaction score

My door trim doesn't get touched, but as far as the elements, it's started to rain alot here and get windy.

It's really durable. My friend has had his wheels plastidipped for about a year and it rains here a lot and is pretty windy. You can even pressure wash it

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

It's been durable for me. My trim has been plasti-dipped for close to two years, and it's been through winter, snow, rain, heat, etc...

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
5b0867819213095634bb815c3195f30f.jpg

ed55fe77d237ab517ab4f0edf01b2ca1.jpg

Blackhoused and retrofitted in some LED daytime running lights. I'm so jazzed on how it turned out!

Just wanna figure out a way to make it a true DRL, right now it's tapped into the wire for the parking lights and has to be turned on/off manually via the light switch.

Nice Job, I tapped into ignition and ran a fused wire to a factory Honda fog light switch that I got from the junkyard, incase I want to shut them off.

These are just cheapo LED ribbons from ebay that I stuck to the top of the headlights to use as DRL's until I find some time to black house and do something similar to the lower parking lights. Looks alright for now. I also have 6000K HIDs in there that match the LEDs.

The factory switch I used. (Far left Obviously)
tFtdZPQ.jpg

Cheapo LED ribbon.
QHq1UUe.jpg

1a6ug1X.jpg

7ajyni2.jpg

Last edited:

Hello People

Reaction score
Nice Job, I tapped into ignition and ran a fused wire to a factory Honda fog light switch that I got from the junkyard, incase I want to shut them off.

These are just cheapo LED ribbons from ebay that I stuck to the top of the headlights to use as DRL's until I find some time to black house and do something similar to the lower parking lights. Looks alright for now.

The factory switch I used.
tFtdZPQ.jpg

Cheapo LED ribbon.
QHq1UUe.jpg

1a6ug1X.jpg

7ajyni2.jpg
Mine are also eBay LEDs, but I went through the pain in the *** of removing the headlights and cracking them open.

Yours look pretty dope too, I wouldn't have thought of going along that top corner. I just thought that bottom strip looked like it was totally made for it.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Mine are also eBay LEDs, but I went through the pain in the *** of removing the headlights and cracking them open.

Yours look pretty dope too, I wouldn't have thought of going along that top corner. I just thought that bottom strip looked like it was totally made for it.

Nice! Watch out for ebay LEDs though they will burn out quick, I lost half the LEDs about a week after I put them on. Luckily I got them replaced by the manufacturer (I had to pay shipping back to them) and it was a hassle dealing with them. This current set seems to be working fine though. I was thinking about keeping them and tinting the factory yellow strip black with VHT night shades when I do the black housings. I want to do it once and not have to re-crack the headlights due to cheap LEDs burning out on me. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Last edited:

Hello People

Reaction score
Nice! Watch out for ebay LEDs though they will burn out quick, I lost half the LEDs about a week after I put them on. Luckily I got them replaced by the manufacturer (I had to pay shipping back to them) and it was a hassle dealing with them. This current set seems to be working fine though. I was thinking about keeping them and tinting the factory yellow strip black with VHT night shades when I do the black housings. I want to do it once and not have to re-crack the headlights due to cheap LEDs burning out on me. I will cross that bridge when I get there.
You may have to get a little creative with your fabrication on that, I'm not sure if the amber strips have enough clearance underneath them or how you plan to work around the part where it clips in.

For shiggles I actually lightly "tinted" over the LED strips with black plastidip to see how it would turn out. It blended in well with the blackhousings (cause I dipped those too) but I wasn't very consistent with the darkness of it, and I like how the strip illuminates without the "tint". I know they sell " smoke" plastidip which is supposed to be more like tint spray.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
When I open the headlights up to black house them I was thinking of pulling off the factory yellow strip and smoking them with VHT night shades then reinstalling them? I haven't taken them apart yet but I didn't think it would be too difficult. We'll see whenever I get around to it.

Back