What'd you do to your accord today?

Hello People

Reaction score
When I open the headlights up to black house them I was thinking of pulling off the factory yellow strip and smoking them with VHT night shades then reinstalling them? I haven't taken them apart yet but I didn't think it would be too difficult. We'll see whenever I get around to it.
Ohhh gotcha. Thought you meant put in LEDs underneath those strips and tint over it. I see what you mean now. Nah that shouldn't be too hard to do.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Gave her some brake fluid so she would stop winking the brake light on the instrument cluster. She likes to wink when I riding her up and down overpasses.

Oh, I read another thread and it was talking bout how the dealership has replaced seat belts under warranty due to slow retracting. Soooo.....I called em up and he just asked two questions (after I told hims it was a 2001 Accord) 1 - does it have issues retracting? 2 - is the belt frayed? Rule Number 3! "I can't bring people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture. I don't like doing it!" (RIP Robin Williams). Think about it!

Any hoot, I told hims it was doing both, he said if it's mechanical then it warranty and if they have the part in stock it'll take about 90 min (same run time as Aladdin, I am for serious!). I verified either way if the checking was gonna be free and he said yes. So looks like ima gonna be showing the ladies how my belt retracts Like A Boss! Well... after the divorce is final. THEN, Straight flossing! YES, that did just happen.

Call up yo dealer and get that one thing fixed up! You know, that one thing, what ever it's called. Get the hook up!

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Gave her some brake fluid so she would stop winking the brake light on the instrument cluster. She likes to wink when I riding her up and down overpasses.

Oh, I read another thread and it was talking bout how the dealership has replaced seat belts under warranty due to slow retracting. Soooo.....I called em up and he just asked two questions (after I told hims it was a 2001 Accord) 1 - does it have issues retracting? 2 - is the belt frayed? Rule Number 3! "I can't bring people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture. I don't like doing it!" (RIP Robin Williams). Think about it!

Any hoot, I told hims it was doing both, he said if it's mechanical then it warranty and if they have the part in stock it'll take about 90 min (same run time as Aladdin, I am for serious!). I verified either way if the checking was gonna be free and he said yes. So looks like ima gonna be showing the ladies how my belt retracts Like A Boss! Well... after the divorce is final. THEN, Straight flossing! YES, that did just happen.

Call up yo dealer and get that one thing fixed up! You know, that one thing, what ever it's called. Get the hook up!

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Good to know, mine seems to retract just fine (2000 AV6) although I just had my SRS light come on and stay on. So now I gotta go have that looked at.

- Side note: I did just put in all red LEDs in the dash and all white in the Dome, Map, Trunk and License plate. Crazy amount of light output at night!

Jordan_H

Reaction score
On the way to school had my front right tire seperate :) luckily I was within 100 yard of a les Schwab and a spare tire. Yesterday was my birthday and was hoping to be able to paint my car but now that won't happen for quite some time. 1 step forward and 10 steps back. Couldn't possibly be happier right now....

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Ordered a new front bumper off eBay for my car. Current one is poorly painted and looks rough. And so it begins with the start of fixing the body work. Bumper first, then some PDR work and going to see if I can get a new passenger side door from another SSM sedan. Mine is all kinds of screwed up.

But if anybody is interested in an OEM bumper, message me. Would need to be stripped and painted but it's in good shape. No cracks.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Plasti-dipped the oems wheels today. Turned out pretty nice.
eda8esep.jpg

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
It wasn't too difficult. I took all the wheels off lined them up next to each other prepped them (I used denatured alcohol). Used about 4 cans, the first 3 coats were lighter about 80% original color showing at first then gradually down to a little spotting of the original silver showing through. Focusing on hitting all the angles for even coverage and constantly dusting paint into the lug holes and outer lip. Between coats I rolled them to get more angle access. Spray all the way onto the tires, up near the tread area (it will peel off the tires) . Then I just layered some heavier coats until I was out of Dip. Peel off the tires, reinstall center caps. Snap some photos!

Back