What'd you do to your accord today?

Jushewa

Reaction score
I don't need to buy a stud? just a bolt? really? that sounds a lot easier than trying to thread a stud in with pliers

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
M10x1.25, I think, so you can pull off a bolt that's 35mm long, maybe 40mm have a couple washers handy. Unless you want a stud.

+1. Me being me, I'd personally like a stud. But this would be easier.

S823E1000.gif

90026-PT0-000 017 008 BOLT, STUD (8X38)

james'99

Reaction score
I thought locking two bolts up against each other on the stud might work. Then I found a guy on youtube that thought the same thing. However, there is a non threaded section of the stud that on our particular motor (see pic above, #17), You could easily just grab that part with vicegrips and spin it on in.

Jushewa

Reaction score
there's like long part with thread. 1cm no thread. and then a little more thread. and it's threaded into the engine block so how would I get a nut on the other side :p

xci.ed6

Reaction score
you use a stud puller:

77344.jpg

stud_rem.jpg

No my previous fix (a bolt) is not a 'nice' fix, more of an 'emergency' fix.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
it could, I don't use it for that. I just tighten a nut till it bottoms, or runs out of threads, and tighten it loosely, or hand spin if the threads are fine. When it bottoms out there should be no real tension, or torque, caused. It's caused by the manifold flange & nut.

Jushewa

Reaction score
I'm still a little confused here. There is literally a hole around my headers where a stud should be. just like the others I need to put a stud in there. but don't know how since there is nowhere to hold onto a stud to thread it into the actual engine. and then put one of the nuts on the end of it. if you zoom in on the picture. the right side of the last pipe on the right. you can see where there's a stud and nut on the top part. and then just a hole in the right side.
9742c3a8e001d254b0e1fe04430a7e28.jpg

Back