What'd you do to your accord today?

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
So I came home for a bit since I'm finally done with exams :run: and decided to install my new interior LEDs. Ordered red ones from SuperBrightLEDs. Decently satisfied, the bulbs did seem to have a really hard time fitting into most of the sockets, most were a bit too big. I also managed to mix up my order and didn't get three that I needed (hence the stock look on the right of cluster). Here's some mediocre iPhone pics:
ddf1ba40.jpg

e05e5239.jpg

The other problem I have, as you can see, is that the right side of my climate control isn't lighting up. It was dark before I installed the LEDs as well (part of the reason I bought them), so I assumed it was a bulb, but I guess not? :confused:. My clock also won't light up still, even with a new LED bulb. Is there a fuse for these? Or am I missing something? I've already tried flipping the bulbs around and no dice

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The clock is illuminating I bet, but it's very dim. This is the fix (post #16):
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39331&highlight=foil&page=2

I had to file some of the plastic down on a few of my LED's, so if yours are tight you can get them looser if you'd like.

As for the right side of your cluster, if flipping the bulbs doesn't work, check to make sure there is still enough of the metal contact area there on the board for the bulb leads to make contact with.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
The clock is illuminating I bet, but it's very dim. This is the fix (post #16):
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39331&highlight=foil&page=2

I had to file some of the plastic down on a few of my LED's, so if yours are tight you can get them looser if you'd like.

As for the right side of your cluster, if flipping the bulbs doesn't work, check to make sure there is still enough of the metal contact area there on the board for the bulb leads to make contact with.

Thanks for the advice Chris, I'm going to go try to fix them now.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Well, while the Accord is being worked on I took the liberty to buy myself some goodies.

Magnalfow muffler.
Red/clear tails.
High-flow cat converter. (mine was naaahaaasty)
Door lock actuators. (been turning key for three years :lawl:)
Two front rotors.

Now I await the finality of the build and derp around in the Ranger.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I've been looking for an 01-02 set for a while.

That price is good.

I actually have a mint set of 98-00 OEM tails that I need to get rid of. I had a CF trunk at one point, but changes plans.

Back