What'd you do to your accord today?

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer and just finished installing my new Avic D3
b271fec6.jpg

Sure there's no trim around it and I forgot to wire the parking brake bypass correctly, but who really cares? It's a big shiny touch screen! :lawl: That being said I'll fix those things tomorrow after a short shopping trip

P.S. The LEDs and lights on the headunit look much more red in person

cyen008

Reaction score
What did you use for the shifter? Because I can't find that one in the DIY anywhere.

Also, I washed it :hide:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-C...Parts_Accessories&hash=item256ea356ca&vxp=mtr
i used one like this for the shift knob, i'll take a picture for you with my phone soon. my knob was a little different though, my knob has no "carbon fiber" parts and was like 9.99 you'd think it'd feel cheap, but suprisingly its pretty heavy and has a solid feel to it

ok heres a pic, it looks much better in person haha, i had to use my phone's flash which made it kinda ugly but it was too dark to see otherwise.
1znrdxg.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJFQE91-PEHRzBPopSmqb8g~~60_12.JPG

couldnt find it on ebay again for you

and fyi: i realized the diy was for an integra not sure if it was the reason why getting the boot cover to fit in there was such a *****, but anyways the whole process is kind of annoying trying to get the position of the knob just right and then getting the boot cover to fit. its doable though so just be patient, unless you know what you're doing, which i didnt, then maybe u'll have a better time than i did... lol

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
...I forgot to wire the parking brake bypass correctly...

correctly? why the **** would you do that? :lawl:
Just splice the wire into the ground so you don't have to pull the ebrake every time you wanna watch something.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
I couldn't wait any longer and just finished installing my new Avic D3
b271fec6.jpg

Sure there's no trim around it and I forgot to wire the parking brake bypass correctly, but who really cares? It's a big shiny touch screen! :lawl: That being said I'll fix those things tomorrow after a short shopping trip

P.S. The LEDs and lights on the headunit look much more red in person

for pioneers you have to use a relay. its easy

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
correctly? why the **** would you do that? :lawl:
Just splice the wire into the ground so you don't have to pull the ebrake every time you wanna watch something.
Haha that's what I did, and it still wasn't working :squintrun:
for pioneers you have to use a relay. its easy
I've heard some people say you need it and others say you're find without... not sure since the unit is a few years old. Researching on avic411.com

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-C...Parts_Accessories&hash=item256ea356ca&vxp=mtr
i used one like this for the shift knob, i'll take a picture for you with my phone soon. my knob was a little different though, my knob has no "carbon fiber" parts and was like 9.99 you'd think it'd feel cheap, but suprisingly its pretty heavy and has a solid feel to it

ok heres a pic, it looks much better in person haha, i had to use my phone's flash which made it kinda ugly but it was too dark to see otherwise.
1znrdxg.jpg

$(KGrHqVHJFQE91-PEHRzBPopSmqb8g~~60_12.JPG

couldnt find it on ebay again for you

and fyi: i realized the diy was for an integra not sure if it was the reason why getting the boot cover to fit in there was such a *****, but anyways the whole process is kind of annoying trying to get the position of the knob just right and then getting the boot cover to fit. its doable though so just be patient, unless you know what you're doing, which i didnt, then maybe u'll have a better time than i did... lol

That still looks much much better than stock! Thanks for that. Now I can actually do it :D

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Figured out the Pioneer brake bypass. I'd been trying to ground it by splicing into the black wire on the harness, which wasn't working, so I just grounded to some metal behind the dash and it worked. Now I just need to pick up/ download and burn some navigation discs and I'll be set :rock:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Haha that's what I did, and it still wasn't working :squintrun:

I've heard some people say you need it and others say you're find without... not sure since the unit is a few years old. Researching on avic411.com

Figured out the Pioneer brake bypass. I'd been trying to ground it by splicing into the black wire on the harness, which wasn't working, so I just grounded to some metal behind the dash and it worked. Now I just need to pick up/ download and burn some navigation discs and I'll be set :rock:

i know with the avh3200 which i have, to bypass it it needs to be grounded after the unit turns on. so you use a relay and the remote wire and it works.

glad you figured it out :peace:

Back