What'd you do to your accord today?

Ratchet

Reaction score
installed koni and sportlines springs. all bottom perches.
pusyru6a.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
installed koni and sportlines springs. all bottom perches.
pusyru6a.jpg

If by that statement you meant, "assembled A koni and sportline spring on the bottom perch", then good job. Let us know when you have the other three done and on the car.

:coffee:

:lawl:

Ratchet

Reaction score
^what?!:lawl:
you're definitely right 6V6.
should have posted the car with it instead or change the statement.:eusa_wall:
maybe it time for a MR thread.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Alex, you're very right, cars get renewed about every 5 years, which is why there is such an abundance of them available.

My wife has a friend who lives in Japan and my wife was in Japan for awhile, and they both told me the same thing.

They don't like to drive anything too old, so they get rid of them in order to get something newer.
One of the reasons why ppl in Japan tend to renew their vehicles within a few years is that, all cars in Japan have to pass the Automobile Safty Inspection every year. The inspection is very stirict, unlike the vehicle emmision test in US once every 2 yrs.

Certain parts of their cars need to be renewed in order to pass the inspection. (I.e. belts, hoses, valves, boots, pipes, tires & brakes etc.) It's so strict that certain aftermarket parts (i.e. exhausts, headlight Kelvins, % of widow films, suspensions, etc) cannot be permitted either.

IIRC, ppl w/ older cars (say, more than 5yrs) need to pay higher fees / tax for the inspection. In the long run, majority of ppl over there decide to get a brand new car under its warrenties before they'll end up spending a lot of money to pass the test evey year. In addition, the owners of "Eco-cars" (i.e. hybrid vehicles), who bought them new in 2009 ~2012, can be taxed less / subsidized.

With that said, there are PLENTY of quality used cars in Japan. Some even call Japan as "the heaven of used cars". For an instance, affording a "highly tuned-up" '02 Toyota Supra / R33 GTR would be $5,000 ~ $10,000. And, those kind of cars are everywhere..

Up here, we just keep our cars maintained / fixed, pretty much whenever we feel like having it done. Out there, it's mandatory by its running distance / dates. To me, it's more like they have to renew their cars to live economically. And I kind of feel sorry for those car enthusiasts in Japan that they have to spend lots of money for them to simply own their cars.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Washed the car since this is the only day I can. Painted my airbag flat black and installed the mdx steering wheel.

F44EF538-BEE3-4BD2-BA4B-0CA46E76C922-8339-000005A01B4151BD.jpg

test fitting the airbag and cruise control:

887215F3-70B9-491C-AACC-C300561D838F-9200-00000653478B1816.jpg

Sweet! Glad to see you got it on and glad to see it finally go to a good home. :thumbsup:

doubleclutch

Reaction score
purchased a mugen style lip off ebay, painting and installation will be done over spring break

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Richard, spot on.

It's crazy for the restrictions they have they would make it hard to make cars last longer.

Finally finished swapping in the OEM tails, just need to get some upgraded bulbs from Jeff.

Last edited:
Back