What'd you do to your accord today?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Washed and started polishing. It was already shinier than 99% of the 6GA I see around town, but why not?

So far I've got the hood and the entire passenger side done. Tomorrow I'll finish up the rest and wire the brake light in my spoiler.

Washed my car today. Had a buddy help me install the Unorthodox Racing lightweight stock size crank pulley. Defiantly seems more eager to rev and the torque seems to be more readily available. Ill get pictures when I throw the car on the lift, also need to show off the Ultra Racing Chassis brace I got. :p

Post em up in the Auto Detailing thread. :thumbsup:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47817

Mikenguyencf

Reaction score
just finshed putting on my function and form type 2s today about to put on wheels maybe somtime this week :p
1497547_10151885276498237_1061906720_n.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Installed a pair of DDM 1157 switchbacks. I was skeptical when I ordered, they were only $25/pair and were shipping from China. But they are pretty bright, especially the white. The amber could stand to be a little brighter but they are made well and the output is good. If these last, they might be the best pair of cheaper LED bulbs I’ve owned.

I usually order from VLED’s but didn’t feel like spending $80.
Glad you changed them to switchbacks. Keeping corner housing clear makes the front end slick IMO, especially if you leave those housings not being painted. My only concern of getting switchbacks is matching the color output w/ low beams I have or I will have.. I used to have V-LED's set, back in '08, but that thing was far from being white haha.

just finshed putting on my function and form type 2s today about to put on wheels maybe somtime this week :p
1497547_10151885276498237_1061906720_n.jpg
It might be the camera, but what color is your car? :thinking:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Just saw it. That must be black currant pearl. The pic looks like a custom color haha.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Glad you changed them to switchbacks. Keeping corner housing clear makes the front end slick IMO, especially if you leave those housings not being painted. My only concern of getting switchbacks is matching the color output w/ low beams I have or I will have.. I used to have V-LED's set, back in '08, but that thing was far from being white haha.

The previous set of switchbacks I had were from VLEDs, they were 5k white and my lows are 6k white. The DDM switchbacks are around 6k, so they match the lows, and now that I’ve seen it I do think it looks better.

The important thing for me for switchbacks is to get type 2’s, which alternate amber/off/amber/off when the turn signal is activated. Type 1’s alternate amber/white/amber/white, which makes the turn signal not as noticeable. I’ve noticed with these that the delay until the white comes back on after making the turn is faster than the VLED’s I had, which I also like.

Aggressive drop.....no snow where you are, nice.

I enjoyed the first snow we had, which was a heavy one. But now I hope it's done for the winter. haha

Last edited:

Hello People

Reaction score

Thanks for the link!

Today I was polishing the trunk and rear bumper when my pad decided to rip off the backing. I still have half a bumper, a quarter panel and the driver side doors to do.

Also I finally crawled into the trunk and wired up my spoiler's brake light. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but it actually matches the taillights pretty closely.

anu9esuh.jpg

agginline86

Reaction score
Thanks for the link!

Today I was polishing the trunk and rear bumper when my pad decided to rip off the backing. I still have half a bumper, a quarter panel and the driver side doors to do.

Also I finally crawled into the trunk and wired up my spoiler's brake light. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but it actually matches the taillights pretty closely.

anu9esuh.jpg

did the pad come off while you were polishing? hope it didn't scratch up your paint!

Back