What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hit up the local car wash and there were 3 lines of 15 cars for the drive through. Amazingly, no one was using the self wash bays so I pulled right in. Kinda funny, especially since it is 55 degrees here.

RedRyder, in order to get this to fit, you're gonna have to cut out about 3-4 inches from the middle, and glue it back together. If you look carefully at the 2001 OEM bumper and the 98-00 OEM lip, you'll see the mufflers are pushed much closer towards the middle.

That's what I had to do, after I installed the rear OEM lip, and got that piece molded on. I can't find any pictures, since I'm at work, and wanted to give you a heads up before you pick it up.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-jZk5T293ckM/UbYCQ3db8ZI/AAAAAAAABFg/HaDLkuydjX4/w1121-h841-no/13+-+2[IMG][/quote]

Hmm that's interesting. Another member (cfox28) stopped by my house once and I measured this piece on his '02 coupe. Then I measured the space between my muffler tips and there was enough width to fit it. I also asked the seller to measure the one I bought left to right and he told me 37.5". I have around 39" so if his measurement was accurate then it should fit okay.

Thanks for the heads up though, guess I'll know for sure when I receive it.

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Couldn't figure out where else to post, but...

Recently found out that '01-'02 EX in-dash 6-disc stereo HU is made by Panasonic.
And, its about $900 ~ $1500! :eek:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
BTW, I've been noticing that my trunk panel has a few service holes that something can be attached. (2 on top, 1 in the middle, 4 in the bottom, and 2 on the brackets.)
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k588/Shin1ro/DSC_00042_zpsa440b1f2.jpg[IMG]

Are these hole for some kind of a cover for a sound deadening / insulating purpose? (I.e. something like we have it on the back of our engine hood.)

Maybe it's a Canadian model exclusive? Any Canadian folks would like to chime in for any inputs?[/quote]

If you locate the LMK, I want one! Thinking of fabbing some 1/4" hardboard/carpet thing that has reflectors on it when it's open :P

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
wut oh.

10836237_10101758693615806_1838381487_n_zpsoje6s4yy.jpg

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
It was side swiped...happened back mid-late december actually. Ive replaced the fender and door, the quarter panel is being repaired right now. Looks like a new finish is in the very near future. Time for matte green :)

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm that's interesting. Another member (cfox28) stopped by my house once and I measured this piece on his '02 coupe. Then I measured the space between my muffler tips and there was enough width to fit it. I also asked the seller to measure the one I bought left to right and he told me 37.5". I have around 39" so if his measurement was accurate then it should fit okay.

Thanks for the heads up though, guess I'll know for sure when I receive it.

I just measured the space between my tips because I was curious and it's 33", probably because they're dual tip and placement. Anyway, you should be fine, interested in the final product, I always also wished the OEM lip had a centre portion as well.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Bought some material to wrap my door panels with. Thought of trying out this GXP knob since it would match nicely, but apparently it is not threaded (pushes on/pulls off).

Guess it's just as well, the R is the wrong way lol.

VT-VE-6-SRBL-h.jpg

wut oh.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/j30a1sauce/10836237_10101758693615806_1838381487_n_zpsoje6s4yy.jpg[IMG][/quote]

Damn sorry about your misfortune, was the offender caught in the act? Hope you were able to find the front fender and door in your color.

I hate the rear quarter panel on these cars, I'd rather Honda had put a seam somewhere so they were more easily replaceable.

[quote="sonni_kuba, post: 1065908"]I just measured the space between my tips because I was curious and it's 33", probably because they're dual tip and placement. Anyway, you should be fine, interested in the final product, I always also wished the OEM lip had a centre portion as well.[/quote]

Ah that makes sense. I should receive it tomorrow so I'll test fit it. Yeah I wish it hung a little lower on either side of he exhaust outlets, and in between.

Last edited:
Back