What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^If you add a foam pad isn't the panel going to stick out more? Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you said. I attempted wrapping a rear panel, and I just applied the new leather over the old leather since I want the panel to be about as flush as the OEM was (don't want it to be "puffy"). I ended up using a stitcher since the construction is plastic, and it turned out pretty good. There's a pic in my ride thread.

I am going to attempt the front next, but since the construction is metal I'll have to use the adhesive I bought. But I'm going to try putting the new leather over the existing just like I did for the rear. If it doesn't look right I might add a thin foam pad.

I like the "diamond" material you chose, reminds me of what hotaccord243 did:
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29089&highlight=door+panel&page=7

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
It's a very very thing foam pad. If it worked fine with your rear panels then it should be okay to do on your front.

I didn't know anyone else had diamond stitch interior but that looks great! Now I'm even more excited to get mine done

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think it's popular in the VIP scene, here's a Lexus GS with it as well. Def looks cool in the right interior.

vip-lexus-gs300-interior.jpg

Aman

Reaction score
I installed my $68 clutch slave cylinder yesterday, breaking the $200 clutch line in the process. :shakehead:

Gonna go to some junkyards tomorrow to see if I can source a good line for... well, a little less.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Painted some more interior pieces. Painted my hood and bumper. Looks really good. I want it to fully cure but need it on my car soon. Going to get some clear bra to protect it. Going to order inspire fogs tonight and hopefully a new front lip

james'99

Reaction score
Painted some more interior pieces. Painted my hood and bumper. Looks really good. I want it to fully cure but need it on my car soon. Going to get some clear bra to protect it. Going to order inspire fogs tonight and hopefully a new front lip

What lip are you doing?

Back