Wheel Fitment Thread

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Running staggered isn't that bad tbh. Flipping tires cost roughly 8 a side at the shop by my house .. Just make sure your toe is set so you wouldn't have to flip often.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
ooh man, with vsxx, your gonna be killin the game Red :omgbd:

The fronts should be good since ur aspec are fine. you can space out the back with a few mm to make em flush.

ha maaaybe, thx man. I have 8" width all around right now and I've been wanting to go wider in the rear (like 9” or so)...but seeing as how I'm flush in front with what I have now, and I don't want to go staggered anymore, having 9" width in the front would be too much I think...so I may have to stick with 8" width all around...

The wheels are my wife's brother's, I am going to see if he'll let me test fit them. And if I do get them they'll need to be repainted cuz they're currently purple, lol.

So I was wondering with a lower offset in front than what I have now, but same width, will that push the wheel out more? Sorry wheel fitment is not my forte, been trying to gain a better understanding of it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Okay, so I test fitted the wheels tonight...and I have 2 concerns:

1) The fronts poke a little, and if I want to pull these off I would either have to do less tire stretch or lower the car more.
2) Not sure my BBK will clear front wheels or not. Which possibly means I would have to choose between BBK or wheels.

So, here are photos. What do you guys think about the fitment? Sorry, this was kind of a last minute thing and I didn't have my camera on me.
Again, wheels are 18x8 +38, and I'm lowered on Sportlines and Yellows (lowest perch in front), with roughly 1.5 finger gap all around with my A-Specs.

FRONT:
2011-12-19_18-27-59_904.jpg

REAR (perfect for me):
2011-12-19_18-28-58_143.jpg

2011-12-19_18-29-51_404.jpg

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Get a 225/40 on there and it'll look good. That tire on there looks like a 215? Do you have a camber kit in the front at all?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah they have 215’s, I wouldn’t mind having a little stretch but what’s pictured is too much and I’m not slammed, so the front looks bad lol. Rear looks decent.

I do not have a front camber kit, you’re saying that would fix the poke? And would you go as far to say that giving the front a little camber would allow me to put a spacer in to fit the BBK? Not sure how big of a spacer I need though, so if I needed a 10mm, that may make the wheel still poke…not sure. I guess I need to really test fit these with the calipers on.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
2011-12-19_18-29-51_404.jpg

With a lower drop, the camber will compensate enough so that the wheels won't stick out as much. If you are happy with that, then, you're good.

If you run a camber kit, then you can obviously control how much camber you have in the front.

Wider wheel + plus lower offset, should get you around when your current wheels are, depending on the offset.

The spacers with those new wheels will push them out too far, IMO, and if you already don't like stance, pushing the wheels out further will not help, and a camber kit won't help that either.

So, you may have to consider a different wheel, if you are set on running the BBK.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah, I just have a feeling these won't work if I want the BBK on. BUT...I am going to see if I can test fit them regardless. I'm torn between choosing a BBK or a set of my favorite rims...argh

If I do get them though, I will be changing up the barrels on the rears to make them 9" wide instead of 8.

Back