When do you change your oil?

rwong410

Reaction score
Do you guys go by the book and change it every 7500K or 3000K or just some random mileage?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
just changed it minutes ago :rock: i do it every 3 months or 3k miles, whichever comes first. i was 3 days late on this change lol. i dropped the old filter on the exhaust pipe...oooo was that messy :(

cliffsta

Reaction score
I try and do it every 3-4 months because it is RARE that I will put 3k on a vehicle in 3 months... in the truck, I changed the oil every 4 months and I might have 1500-2000 on it... my first change in the Accord I went 4 months and 3300 miles, just because I slacked. Otherwise, every 3 months.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I do it every 3000 miles and I use synthetic oil. I may go over 100-200 miles depending on my schedule but its usually right around 3000.

TheTanSedan

Reaction score
i change mines at around 2700-2800.... only because i drive HARD and a descent amount of miles everyday...

don't wont ur car to end up in the sh*tter !!! :icon_toilet:

(i worked in garage and a old female friend brought her 96 camry in for oil change... drained the pan (only a lil oil came out, A LIL), took off filter, put pan on, put new filter on... went to put oil in, all of it on floor INSTANCELY ! i'm thinking, "did i forget to tighten up everything??" check under car, everything tight... went to put more oil in, same thing... NOW I"M PISSED and CONFUSED ???? come to find out, girl did know that she needed to put oil in car...!!!! raised car up to c what hell and low and behold, a hole the size of a grapefruit on the backside of the block.. !!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LOOKING RIGHT AT PISTONS' 3 ROD !!!!)

so my honda ppls, CHANGE YA OIL !

SmrPants44

Reaction score
i use sythetic and change about every 6k miles :) (synthetic is supposed to last longer)

jccg5

Reaction score
i change it every 2800 mile...never reach to 3000 before every 2800...and mobil1 clean 5000k 5w-30 FTW

nexTOme

Reaction score
every 3k here...but depending on schedule, sometimes i go over upto 4k, but never above that.....

its because saturday is the only day i can actually change oil, but if i miss one saturday, i will have to wait another week to do it....and that adds about another 1000 miles on it....yeah....i change my oil almost every month....

Back