When do you change your oil?

hondababe01

Reaction score
i change mine every 3000 miles cuz i drive alot and usually can't make it three months...bad thing is not many places can accommodate for my car being low...and i can't change it myself...sux!!

Jeffro

Reaction score
I used to do mine on 3750, but now I do 3000 miles because every 6 I get a free tire rotation, and its easy to remember its ever 2 oil changes. No one on here like the fact I use Plain ol' Valvoline 5w-30 either, I know, since we've had that discussion before, but its worked fine without a single drip for the last 180,000 miles, so I don't plan on wasting money on synthetic or anything else that costs twice as much and does very little on a 3000 mile change schedule, if it actually does anything at all. I'm not sure how many of you want to compare 180,000 mile engines using synthetic, or high mileage, or anything else with mine... :jerkit:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I basically do it either when the light comes on (rare) or after about 5 months. THe interval in my manual says 7500 miles. I wouldn't let it go that far if i drove more. On my talon, i did every 3k miles, synthetic. But have owned enough Hondas to know that if you follow the maintaince schedual (well for me it's time because i don't need to drive that much any more), you will be good for basically the life of the car.

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
i usually try to change my oil around 3000 miles, but sometimes ill go 100 or 200 over, and sometimes if i really dont have time, ill go 1000 over. the longest ive went without an oil change was 4200.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to do mine on 3750, but now I do 3000 miles because every 6 I get a free tire rotation, and its easy to remember its ever 2 oil changes. No one on here like the fact I use Plain ol' Valvoline 5w-30 either, I know, since we've had that discussion before, but its worked fine without a single drip for the last 180,000 miles, so I don't plan on wasting money on synthetic or anything else that costs twice as much and does very little on a 3000 mile change schedule, if it actually does anything at all. I'm not sure how many of you want to compare 180,000 mile engines using synthetic, or high mileage, or anything else with mine... :jerkit:

Every 3k miles as its easier for me to track than remember every 3 months.

Valvoline 5W-30 FTW!! I'm with ya Jeff. I either use that or Castrol. Only conventional, no synthetic. Never loses any oil.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yep regular old 5w-30 as well. i save a couple bucks and get the generic stuff...its made by ashland...and ashland makes valvoline lol. its not bulk oil, though. i burn zero oil at 139k :rock:

kind of off topic: what filters do you guys use? wix here...cause i get it at cost :p

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to get OEM...like buy 2 get 1 free..came out to like $14. Been kinda lazy, just going to wal-mart and gettin a Fram

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
Changed my oil today Synthetic FTW

I change my oil as close to 3000k as possible i have to change oil about everymonth

Latest posts

Back