Where to find polished A/C knobs

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Brad, have you tried it on a v6 with auto climate controls yet?

If memory serves me right then the V6P groupbuy had 2 version of the knobs.

Sorry, I haven't...I don't have access to one. I know there are 2 OEM versions of the knobs, I've got both lying around somewhere and they're interchangeable if I remember correctly.

jason

Reaction score
yea hard nipples.. but finch you should stay with the stock knobs since your car looks stock all the way.:poke:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Damn that's a cool mod I would like to do this down the road, your a pioneer for sure :jealousbow:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Just to reconfirm what Jephu accomplished, the TL knobs do work great after sanding them down a relatively small amount. I didn't measure the amount needed, but here's a quick explanation so that anyone could figure it out on their own

3466023202_66aaa75162_o.jpg

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
are these knobs metal or plastic?
is there any wiggle or do they seat tight like the OEM knobs?

still 50/50 on getting some...the v6p knobs suck in the summer (hot metal :ugh2: ) and arent tight...but the polished finish is awesome...

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
They're a thick plastic painted an aluminum-like silver. Sounds cheap, but they're much much nicer than the OEM Accord knobs (and for a comparison, the RX8 knobs I tried out were even better, but they're no less than $40 per knob so for about $20 total I'd rate the TLs as a nice upgrade). Depending on how precisely you sand them down, they'll either seat 50-75% tight or nearly 100% tight. After my first attempt, I could adjust the A/C from off-1-2-3-4, but the off-1 adjustment was somewhat loose. After I sanded that knob down a bit more, all of the turns are excellent. The further you allow the "Accord base" to seat into the TL knob, the better.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
one more Q...can you see the light leaking from behind the knobs?

thanks for the answers...really appreciate it :)

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Hmm...that's one thing I'll have to check, but I honestly don't see how any light would get out unless they were sanded unevenly. They're 100% flush with the Accord climate control unit.

Even if there was a problem with light being distributed out, it could easily be fixed and prevented from happening again.

nf3d0149ab

Reaction score
Sorry but I want to clarify...

Nothing needs to be sanded from the inside of the knob....just the base.

Is that right?

Thanks.

Back