can some one suggest a safe small turbo for my f23? looking for 5-7 psi

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
16g but i tink ur gonna have to get a custom mani

u could get a t3 with a small trim and run it at very low boost

nygamble

Reaction score
BADGER AHAGHAHAHA, my friend has a maxima... he sent me a pic of a nissan humping a honda symbol, but not as fast as yours LOL

so yur suggesting 16g or the t3?
i dont think i cant get a hold of a custom mani
im planning on buying all the items i need for the small turbo... and few parts for my engine to make it last longer.....

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
16g is a very small turbo (roughly stock size on turbo dsm's). if u go with this then the turbo will spool fast and provide not a whole lot of boost. u might wanna ask ppl on cb7tuner.com if u could somehow fanagle a dsm manifold onto a f23 head, it has been done for f22's

t3 turbos are bigger than 16g by a lot. it will spool longer but also have a high boost potential. u could just go with a small trim

i dont know much abt turbos but if u just want just 8lbs, then u can control it with a boost controler

IMO, get a t3, there is plenty of stuff out there for our cars for t3

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
what turbo you get depends a lot on the manifold. let me put it to you this way: if there is a premade (or one for sale) with a t series flange (where the turbo attaches to the manifold) it would be easier to get a t series turbo. if you get a flange/manifold for a g series, get a g. t's are bigger than g's, so your power will come later in your rev band. id suggest for simplicity that you check out a 14g (stock on dsm's btw). theyre plentiful, and are usually good for around 20lbs max. they ran at 9 stock (if i remember right). dont go bigger than a 14g. even the t3 might be too big unless you can up the boost safely. if youre serious about buying a turbo and manifold, i can hook you up. my dsm buddy has lots of stock stuff (injectors, manifolds, turbos, etc). let me know on, say, saturday or so when im back at home and ill see what he has.

EDIT: size conversions
14g is smaller than a t3, but is close. good up to 20lbs
16g is smaller than a t3/t4, but close. good for around 35lbs.
20g is *tiny* compared to a t4. good for about 50lbs.

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
The ONLY reason I know is because I work with a DSM genius. On a side note, check the video in my sig, thats a Supra with a t88 on the highway.

nygamble

Reaction score
What site has g-series turbo's?
i know about t seriies...

are G's better than T's?
are they more reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back