Why turbos are BAD and MONEY WASTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

nygamble

Reaction score
that supra was crazyy.... seemed like i was watching those japan iimport car shows.....
were u the camera man? AHAHA

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Did anyone watch the mighty t88 in action??
100% lag. he was getting beat by the black supra at the track till the boost kicked in. yet another dyno queen. dont get me wrong, that car is fast as hell and makes big numbers, but hook my MKIV up with a t66 and watch me light up the street with 500hp and (almost) instant spool. moral of the story: street driven cars need instant spool, track cars can deal with the lag.

OT: has anyone seen the old vid where the rabbit annihilates a supra? my favoritist video of all time :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
diamond star motors. it was the collaboration of mitsubishi and chrysler. one would make the car so the other could distribute it. its the reason the plymouth laser, eagle talon, and mitsu eclipse are all the same car, just like the chrysler conquest and mitsubishi starion. these cars were made in japan, but sold as "usa" cars so chyrsler could use mitsu parts in their cars. 3.0 v6 engines from the late 80's-late 90s were all made by mitsu, even the minivans and dyNASTYs (lol) were mitsu powered. youll find little silver stickers on the car that say "dsm" with a little mitsu diamond thingy even if its a chrysler or an eagle. but no one cares about the eagle summits and plymouth colt vistas, so "dsm" usually refers to 1st (89-94) and 2nd (95-99 or was it 00?) gen talons, eclipses, and lasers.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
6th gen 4cyl ULEV Turbo
Sorry I don't have any specs:

turbo13zd.jpg

turbo26ys.jpg

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
looks like a t25 to me, at least a t cause of the oil line...deltagate wastegate...looks like a turbo xs bov but prob wrong on that...and the worst manifold/wastegate design i have ever seen. move the a/c hose down a little, build the manifold two inches longer from front to back and put the wastegate where it should be. at least wrap the a/c line for goodness sake. [/rant] haha

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
youre right, it is the drag kit. i wasnt aware that drag made a kit for our cars. were both wrong though...the turbo is a t3/t04e :eek: the t0 housings always throw me off. the turbonetics kit has the best manifold by far, at least from a technical standpoint. nygamble: if you still want a turbo, consider finding this manifold with a t3. this looks like the money set up. plus, ive heard that the turbonetics evolution wastegate owns the deltagate. check it out, it was the first result on google. dont flame me for the website or the prices...i didnt go to bed last night and i dont feel like doing any more research:rolleyes: scroll down for the 98+ apps: http://www.turbo-kits.com/accord_turbo_kits.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back