Wings West W-type on Coupe...how hard??

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Ok i know there was some pictures posted of Nokblue's car recently with this kit...but what is the overall difference between the coupe and sedan from bumper?? Does anybody know how much modification would need to be done for the front from a sedan to fit on my coupe?

I can get the front lip for an insane deal, so i am thinking about trying it out..but would i have to buy a whole new front bumper from a sedan, which would then mean getting the hood? or would it be possible to mod it to fit my front bumper?? Thanks and hopefully this hasn't been talked about..

I guess i could technically just take my WW front off and see what would need to be done.

CHID0

Reaction score
Hassan should be able to answer this question seeing as how he put the sedan xenon kit on his coupe. I think 6genaccord (Andrew) helped him do it.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
You just wanna mod the front lip only, right? Not the sides/rear? Anyway, I don't think I can help you too much on the modification part because I still don't understand it myself. Yeah Andrew helped me to put it on but he didn't mod it or anything.

The one who actually modded the front lip to fit my coupe front bumper was a person on this board by the username of "turtlebone." He modded the front, sides, and rear, but only the front was actually modded well. The sides weren't too great and the rear lip, according to a body shop Shahid (iHazSnail) took the lip to, said it can't be fixed unless you pay a **** load of money for or something.

The front xenon lip on my coupe has two small gaps from the bumper and the lip on top of the lip. You can only see it if your legs are very close to the front bumper and you look straight down. Otherwise the fit looks absolutely perfect. I don't see any cutting and epoxy marks anywhere on the lip except the inside of it. Like I said I still don't understand how he did it, so you can contact turtlebone if you want to ask him about modifying the lip to fit.

And yeah, Andrew (6genaccord) would definitely know more about this than I would. I suck at this stuff haha. Good luck!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
damn, Andrew's been MIA for soooooo long.

Eric, I'm sure it can work, depending on the amount of hacking you want to do to a PU lip. The good thing is that you don't have to worry about cracking it while fitting it obviously. and the width of all the bumpers should be the same, so you should just have to worry about where the top of the lip meets the bottom edge of the bumper's lower grilles.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yeah i guess i might start sending some pms out...i obviously don't want to ruin a WW lip....but it won't be a huge loss to me if that happens..

so you don't happen to know what areas were trimmed or cut to fit your xenon lip?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
hmm... as u say that, i was curious on ur front WW lip on a sedan, how would that look... cuz those lips are hell of a lot cheaper than the W-type. Find some1 who can trade the entire bumper with you

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
yeah but then the hood's would be off unless we trade that also...which would lead to quite a bit of money to paint...i guess next week i will take my front bumper off and try some test fitting if i have the time...only bad thing is i have no tools to cut the lip haha

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Im doing the same thing...Iv only contacted NokBlu for some info..

I had him measure the Side of the bumper to the inside of the grill.(bottom) I belive its 17.5".-Sedan
Now I need somebody to measure there coupe bumper(98-00) to see the measurement.

Really one of my main concerns are the sides where it wraps around..

CHID0

Reaction score
I been wanting to do this for a while now, hopefully I'll have mine done by the summer. :hihi:

Back