Wire tuck question

Theory208

Reaction score
I'm shortening some of the wires in the bay. I have this cable from a rock fausgate capacitor. It's 4ga. I know copper is one of the best conductors but I don't know what material this is. Think it would be better than the oem cables? Thanks
wire.jpg

lashlee

Reaction score
It should be aluminum, or it could be silver tinned copper but you never know. Rockford should be decent stuff, and depending on how you run the wire it may not melt. It also depends on the current demand and how well the connection is made.

Theory208

Reaction score
I got some JL Audio 4ga wire. The guy at the car audio shop said it would be fine to run power through. Here's the cable. what do you think?
wire2.jpg

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Lol... all wire can carry power. Both wires posted are aluminum strand wrapped in a silicone insulator, which should be good up to 500ºF of indirect heat.

Theory208

Reaction score
Removed a/c and did a wire tuck. I got a few things out, anyone know what may be the cause?
-Headlights are out.
-Fans aren't coming on.
-Temp gauge is out.
-Turn signals work, heat works

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
check the fuses? get a light tester and see if the headlights are getting power..
did you already do the wire tuck or just took out the a/c? lines and compressor? ect?

when i did my wire tuck,everything still worked;i still have ac tho..

Theory208

Reaction score
I don't know what fuse it could be, if any. yes, wire tuck is done. A/c lines are out, compressor is out. My grounds look pretty clean and solid. When I took out the ac, I clipped off the harnesses that ran to the a/c compressor and canister (in front of radiator). Think that could have ne thing to do w/ it? I don't know if the car was warm enough for the fans to kick on, how long should I let it idle for before the fans kick on? The temp gauge may be stuck cause it hasn't been driven in a couple of weeks?

Back