The most epic retrofit you will ever see... KnightRyder Lights 2.0

KnightRyder

Reaction score
oh btw, this is just a teaser ;) no work has started yet, hahahaha, im evil i know.

i've been teasing on and off about version 2.0 of my badass retrofit that damn near everyone loves... well what i initially had planned was a quad FXR retrofit with LED DRL down below as well as sequential turn signals.

BUT

just last week i came across a deal of a lifetime on some parts that will let me be the FIRST EVER to step the retofit game to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL. You guys get to see the teaser first...

2014 MDX LED Headlights. integrated DRL, Low and High.
dmzl.jpg

DRL: all 10 LEDs (seperate LEDs from the ones that do the high power stuff)
LOW: outer 6 LEDs
HIGH: inner 4 LEDs

These came with everything needed to fire them up, and i've seen them fired up. LED Ballasts, wiring, heat sinks.... all of it is included.

The lights are in transit right now, i should have them mid next week.

the kicker... i probably wont have time to do the retro for a couple months and it'll be slow progress when i do because this is uncharted territory for any retrofit on any car EVER. i have no idea what im getting myself into but thats where i have the most fun.

performance wise, these will not be as good as a quad FXR retrofit but that was all overkill anyhow, the WOW factor with these though... that'll be totally worth it. I cant even tell you how i felt the second i paid for these and knew they were MINE and how i envisioned my lights could look if i do things right.... that was a unbelievable feeling. I really cant wait to rip open some lights and start hacking away to make room for these bad boys, and booooy do they need room.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh. Snap. Love to see you still innovating man, especially with a 6thgen. Definitely got your work cut out for you with this one.

So...you should probably sell the old headlights to fund this. :lawl:

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
I remember being blown away by v1.0 and afterwards you said that it was so much work you wouldn't be making any for anyone, lol.

I second keeping up the innovation but I can't say I like the new LED lights. IDK why. I've just never been a fan of them. Can't wait to see what you come up with though.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought that the new MDX headlights are actually a little wider (left-right) than our 6th Gen assemblies. If you want to fit all 5 LEDs you may have to encroach and/or obliterate the turn signal area, which I think is too big anyway. Either way, looking forward to just how much can be done to the outer shell of our headlights.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Yea the mdx assembly is pretty wide and it will require me to hack into the turn signal area most likely. I imagine there is going to be a good deal of custom fiberglass work involved both inside the light and to the back of the light to make room for the internal components.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine there is going to be a good deal of custom fiberglass work involved both inside the light and to the back of the light to make room for the internal components.

Now that warrants the word 'epic' in the subject title! Good luck with the install :thumbsup:

kn0x47

Reaction score
wow i saw that pic when trs first posted it. can't wait for updates. i wonder if itd be easier to install these into the aftermarket projector headlights sense the oem style housing will be pretty much useless for you

Back