UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Evan's Quest for a 6MT 6GA

So I started gathering some parts and pricing some things out. I've got my starter now, but just a couple of questions. Did you all buy the entire master and slave assembly from the 5MT 6th Gen Accords? Because even with my discount at Honda, I think that it shouldn't be over 1000, for just that assembly

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Re: Evan's Quest for a 6MT 6GA

Any plans on ECU ?
I too am starting my swap part collection. Found a J35a4 at a local junk yard and still searching for a tranny. Not too sure what ECU to run for these hybrid swaps beside dropping almost $2,000 on a AEM Infinity.

Can't you hack OEM?

I used to on 4th gen Civics. 27C256. Replace chip with a socket, easy to reprogram memory. Used one for 450cc injectors & turbo boost & 3-bar MAP sensor. Even hacked one for 27C512 to have two programs and switch, with a switch.

Even could add VTEC.

But you have all the right input/output points, just need to make the signal correct.

xci.ed6

Reaction score

Oh, the 3-bar gave you ~50% voltage, so 450cc gave you 2x as much fuel,

so if you've got half the air you get half the fuel signal, half as much fuel, so you get twice-of-half with 2x the injector....

What you need, so really it didn't change much, you can run those two with nothing else.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

So I started gathering some parts and pricing some things out. I've got my starter now, but just a couple of questions. Did you all buy the entire master and slave assembly from the 5MT 6th Gen Accords? Because even with my discount at Honda, I think that it shouldn't be over 1000, for just that assembly

The trans doesn't have the slave on it already? I bought only the master. But back when I was collecting parts I read somewhere (maybe a PM w/Paul) that a CL cylinder was optimal because it moved more fluid. I can't say if that had any validity or not, but I bought all CL parts anyway.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

The trans doesn't have the slave on it already? I bought only the master. But back when I was collecting parts I read somewhere (maybe a PM w/Paul) that a CL cylinder was optimal because it moved more fluid. I can't say if that had any validity or not, but I bought all CL parts anyway.

I'll have to check actually, it probably does. I just have no idea what it looks like

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

This is from my swap thread, it's the assembly just below the starter mounting hole.

1031001500.jpg

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Forgot to update this:

I found out I do have a slave on the transmission, and the guy that sold me the transmission and everything with it is selling me his pedals and a master cylinder.
He said I may need the gas pedal, is that correct?

Also I cannot believe that after I bought my transmission, so many come up for sale in the Ohio area. I found 5 today from part out cars or just the transmission.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Finally after giving up on this guy on shipping me swap parts, I found a 5mt coupe at a junkyard. I know have the clutch pedal, master cylinder, lines, brake pedal, shifter surroud, boot, and a few other miscellaneous things. Now I need to start saving for my harness.

xci.ed6

Reaction score

will be watching for it. I'm thinking of doing a swap if my auto ever goes...
maybe...

Varnell

Reaction score

Finally after giving up on this guy on shipping me swap parts, I found a 5mt coupe at a junkyard. I know have the clutch pedal, master cylinder, lines, brake pedal, shifter surroud, boot, and a few other miscellaneous things. Now I need to start saving for my harness.

Nice pickup.

I had my 5mt sedan and the day after it was totaled I found my 5mt coupe. I had a hell of a time trying to find junked 5mt parts last month, though. Never realized they were so rare.

Back