5 Speed Swapped

What do you think of doing an AT to MT 5Spd Swap?

• Total voters

iHazSnail

Reaction score
nice! Congrats! Just out of curiosity, what was the heat circuit failure n how was it fixed?

Ric Rock

Reaction score
nice! Congrats! Just out of curiosity, what was the heat circuit failure n how was it fixed?

sooooo long story short it was the vss wiring & ecu, not a heat circuit fault..

the guy working on my car was having some issues with figuring it out and one of the issues adding to the problem was i had a 98 5spd ecu goin in my 01 accord....i ended having to swap for an 01 ecu once that was done the cels left the rpms and gauges all worked and the jobs done got the ecu flashed with my key and it was a happy ending from there.

i was the first 6thgen to be done in that shop...lol the guys have done all sorts of other civics and older accords but when my 6thgen came thru the mechanics got worked :darryl:

$850 for the labor

$40 for random misc missing parts

Heres the link to the shop that worked on my car

peep my car in their website photo lol

http://greenlighthonda.com/topshop/web/web_template/temp1/default.asp?id=311989

iHazSnail

Reaction score
not a problem just glad that it is done and over with!

Ric Rock

Reaction score
Do it buddy!! Seriously my car is running so solid nowadays I swear its like a new car.

My best advice before taking on this project is do your homework before jumping into this project seriously as smoothly as the swap went a lot of little things came up.

Anyways gl everyone who goes on and attempts this

pyaarawala

Reaction score
What part did you get first for the swap? The transmission? I have a lot of time (gonna need it to save up and all), so I'm trying to get the tranny for a steal lol. I don't want to buy any other parts until I have a tranny, cuz for some reason I want to have the tranny first before I get anything else lol.

Also, what were the hardest parts for you to find? Maybe I can try looking for those first.

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
ummm.....be careful on your tranny. i bought mine on ebay for 155 picked up and i had it sitting for 2 years before installing. when it was installed, i found it had a bad 2nd gear synchro. so i cant do anything abt it

the lines were the hardest for me

Back