$41 oil change?

TrnkMonkey

Reaction score
With the economy being in the ****s for a while now everything seems to go be going up. I was quoted $50 bucks for mix synthetic oil for the accord at fyrestone, and nearly $60 bucks for an alignment. Last year oil change full synthetic was $40 and alignment $49.95 or some crap like that.

cajun

Reaction score
I was quoted $50 bucks for mix synthetic oil for the accord at fyrestone,...

$50 for Kendall oil at Firestone = :eekwtf:

I bet they didn't even include a new crush washer for that amount.

finch13

Reaction score
I've never seen an alignment under $80 anywhere... full wheel alignment, all adjustable specs returned to factory. I don't know any decent wrench who's going to do a 1.0-2.0 hour alignment for $50 to $25/hr.

I don't understand why anyone would pay some other person money to **** up your car. All the chain lube shops throw on a ****ty PCV valve and top off all fluids with the ****tiest grade fluid out there. What kind of service are you getting if your brake fluid is always topped off? There's reasons these fluids go down over time. Leaks. Pads wearing out. Etc.

Basically everything on their list of "services" is a ****ing joke and THEY are taking advantage of YOU. Look up Jiffy Lube scam or investigation or fraud on YouTube. Research the E-Z Lube scandal in Cali. The stupidity/laziness of the general public is what is going to be paying my bills.

I'm not trying to say you're all idiots who take your cars to these places. It happens, people have busy lives, it's easy, whatever. I'm just saying, avoid a shop or even better, a chain, at all costs if you are perfectly able to perform the work yourself with quality materials. You're members on a car forum...

TrnkMonkey

Reaction score
On my accord their tech has never spent over 30 mins doing the alignment.

finch13

Reaction score
After I lowered my car my alignment guy spent 3 hours on the job... I have no clue why. It could be because all my **** is rusted from salt :lawl:

He definitely earned the $80 I spent though.

TrnkMonkey

Reaction score
After I lowered my car my alignment guy spent 3 hours on the job... I have no clue why. It could be because all my **** is rusted from salt :lawl:

He definitely earned the $80 I spent though.

are your rims stock accord wheels??? I love them what are they called if not

finch13

Reaction score
Not stock... and I don't give out my wheel info, you're not the first who's asked :lawl: sorry, not trying to be a dick about it.

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
I've never seen an alignment under $80 anywhere... full wheel alignment, all adjustable specs returned to factory. I don't know any decent wrench who's going to do a 1.0-2.0 hour alignment for $50 to $25/hr.

I don't understand why anyone would pay some other person money to **** up your car. All the chain lube shops throw on a ****ty PCV valve and top off all fluids with the ****tiest grade fluid out there. What kind of service are you getting if your brake fluid is always topped off? There's reasons these fluids go down over time. Leaks. Pads wearing out. Etc.

Basically everything on their list of "services" is a ****ing joke and THEY are taking advantage of YOU. Look up Jiffy Lube scam or investigation or fraud on YouTube. Research the E-Z Lube scandal in Cali. The stupidity/laziness of the general public is what is going to be paying my bills.

I'm not trying to say you're all idiots who take your cars to these places. It happens, people have busy lives, it's easy, whatever. I'm just saying, avoid a shop or even better, a chain, at all costs if you are perfectly able to perform the work yourself with quality materials. You're members on a car forum...

whoa calm down killer, lol..

apparently you havent been to florida if you havent seen alignments under $80.. I used to go to Tires Way of America to get my alignments done, but last time I went there, the guy tried to charge me $60 and tell me its always been that price. luckily a new guy came out and asked me what he quoted me at and I told him $40 :D

and its good you understand people get busy and/or scared so they don't do things by themselves. sometimes it take a while to find a reputable shop or place to get maintenance done.

back on topic, I hate going to Mobil to get my oil changed for $46 and have them telling me to get this done or that or try to trick me even though Ive been there regularly. I cant wait til I start to do it myself!

Drift

Reaction score
Not stock... and I don't give out my wheel info, you're not the first who's asked :lawl: sorry, not trying to be a dick about it.

Whats the big secret? Its just some Honda center caps that happen to fit.

Back