Friend is going to remove his powersteering...how do I stop him?

Fuzz

Reaction score
Why stop him?? Granted, on the STREET there really is no advantage, but in North America, we have large roads and parking is easy, so PS or No PS it doesn't matter either way.

Having no power steering forces you to have to maneauver your car yourself. No more hand palming the wheel like an idiot. Keep both hands on the wheel and move that 3,000lb ***** around. Actually if you aren't a frail person, driving the accord without PS is no different than driving a go kart. When I jump back into my car, it feels LIGHT compaired to a kart, not heavy.

It allows you to feel the road more, and the weight of the car in the corners. You can feel traction and understeer in the wheel... also brake lockups and many many many other wonderful thing.

Although the common mis conception is that it is horsepower GAINED, it is actually less horsepower LOST. It frees up more available power.

It is a 10 second free mod. All you do is pull off the belt. If you dont like it... PUT THE BELT BACK ON.

Same with disconnecting the front sway bar to improve the car rotating in the corners on a track. FREE MOD. Just disconnect 1 link.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
IMO, its a waste of time if your stock. I own a sports car that doesnt have power steering, its rear wheel drive as well, I have to admit its more fun to drive. But I perfer to keep the luxery of PS in my accord just because I drive it everyday.

Last edited:

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Have him try it without the belt and then see what he thinks. Then if he still wants to do it have him take everything out.

Mojeans69

Reaction score
removing the power steering is a great workout...my friend has no power steering on his DA and when Im driving it I feel like im at the gym....I also like hos the car feels it feels like I have more control over the car...but personally I wouldnt do it

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your input guys. Sorry if it got heated back there. I have some pretty strong muscles for my size and when im coming down my subdivision at night I'll put it in neutral and shut it off when nobodys around. Its really not hard at all. I like the idea of being able to feel the road and everything, the horsepower thing I'm not concerned with. It's the a/c that I'm psyched about the hp gain. even though its only 1hp :rock: .

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
power steering isn't that bad to go without, i've done it before on other cars and its really no biggie, people just wanna be hipster pussies and not use their muscle :hide:

mikeivb

Reaction score
I think it depends on what kind of driving you do. 90% of my driving is in the city, lots of parking and turns, so it would be a pain to go without power steering.

If most of my driving was on the highway, I would prefer not to have it.

Back