Friend is going to remove his powersteering...how do I stop him?

CARVERitUP

Reaction score
That youtube video did nothing. It just restated what we've been talking about.

Possible, but not necessary if you're looking for power gains which you are. Don't say you aren't. It's all about the horsepower, which will be NO different with or without. So why remove it????

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
What is this a damn quarrel between friends? Take it to the curbside, no place for that here. Do whatever you like, that is all. :boo: Take off the PS and enjoy it. Or leave it on like everyone else does. It's your call.

And you, let your friend make up his own mind. It doesn't really matter who did mods for who, just learn how to do everything yourself then you won't be saying that :hihi:.

Last edited:

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Let me reiterate..... UNWANTED LUXURY and better steering feel, sure, added horsepower, but also for less engine stress at idle. BadgerType knows what I'm talking about, as well as JMillerUA6.

...Can somebody lock this thread please??

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I think this is the first time I have ever seen this type of petty bullsh*t here on 6GA. What a waste of bandwidth.

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
another thread about remove p/s and a/c ... hmm yeah you get ton's of hp by doing that :rofl: ... sacrificing the luxury of p/s and a/c for little to almost no gains in hp ... if your friend is looking for hp tell him to stop being cheap

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is saying that is SO hard to pilot a 6G Accord with no PS. I took the PS off my Accord, AND I live in the city where I had to parallel park everyday. Not ONCE did I think to myself, "man this **** sucks I'm putting it back on". BUT when I did it I didn't lie to myself and say "man this is going to give me more HP!!", because it doesn't. It just makes the car more fun to drive IMO.

av6g6

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to chime in a little bit. My friend had his A/C break on him so we removed his A/C. We also removed his passenger and back seats because he runs his car in the 1/4 mile a lot. All this cost 0 dollars. He has about 12 timeslips from 17.1-17.3. He averaged 17.2x. When he ran his car with the A/C, lines and cast iron bracket for the compressor and all the seats removed he ran a 16.2-16.4. It wasn't a freak race since he had twelve timeslips all in 17.1-17.3 range and has five in the 16.2-16.4 range after all the removal.
Removing everything doesn't help a whole lot, but a 1 second gain in 1/4 mile isn't exactly insignificant. This also all cost 0 dollars. How many bolt ons cost 0 dollars.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
have him try parking a car without power steering. After doing that, i'm sure he will change his mind.

its not that hard. grow some muscles.

5. Quit doing small insignificant mods and save up for a turbo. Then come talk to me about "horsepower gains" mr. 1 HP gain...

if he did turbo his car, and used a ramhorn manifold, hed have to remove a/c anyway, so its really not that insignificant.....if those types of mods are in his future haha.

I'll be like the next MikeyMike :naughty: , but with a J32 instead of a J30 and a turbo instead of S/C.

mikes got a stroked j32 to a 3.5 and s/c. you were almost close haha.

likeawp

Reaction score
Driving without power steering is easy, the trick is steering and counter-steering as you apply gas to lessen the stationary friction on the tires. Once you have momentum, its pretty light.

However, if you want to track your car or drive mountain roads, highly recommend having power steering. Those quick turns are quite difficult without it. I put back my power steering on for a track session and haven't removed it since. I also deliver pizza so **** it I need PS lol

and for AC..........lol.....who needs that when the Accord has 4 windows.......driving at 80mph with all 4 windows down feel like you're in a time vortex like in Back To The Future :jae:

mr. smith

Reaction score
having no p/s doesnt really make that much of a hp difference, as for a/c i think u can buy a different size belt if you want to keep it,someone correct me if im wrong.i did this on my del sol and i couldnt even tell anything actually. just make sure u close the rack off and loop the line because in about a year or so you rack will dry up and u will have to replace it, and thats from experience.

Last edited:
Back