My G23

AngryAgent

Reaction score
I'm going to start this thread and post pictures of my build along the way. I have been very intrigued by the G23 build since its beginnings and now have decided to have one built for my car. This thread may take anywhere from 3 to 9 months to complete but hopefully it will get done by then.

I picked up an H22 head the other day for $200! The head itself is a 2000 and is in pristine condition. Jun valves, springs and retainers will be used again for this build as I have used them in the past and I am confident in their production. I am also sending out a brand new Skunk2 intake manifold and black 70mm throttle body to be port matched. That is the beginning of my build.

When they come back I will post some pictures but I'm not going to do a before and after because I think you guys already know what all the stuff looks like before since it's sitting in your cars:hihi:

Keep your eye on this thread and I will list every single part that I use for the build if you are interested in doing your own. My overall plan is to boost this. Talking to my mechanic today he says that we can get 500hp to the wheels and be a reliable daily driver. I would like to get even more out of it then that but time will tell.

Total price as my bill stands right now...

$1450.00 for the head port and polish with the Jun valves, springs and retainers and port matching the intake manifold and throttle body.

Skunk2 intake manifold $310.00

Skunk2 throttle body $240.00

Grand total = $2000.00 so far stay tuned..

AngryAgent

Reaction score
got any pics?

do you have an idea of how much power you want to make with it?

I don't have any pics yet because nothing has come back finished, when it does I will post some pics.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for horsepower but as everything comes together it will become apparent I'm hoping..

Erik123456789

Reaction score
My overall plan is to boost this. Talking to my mechanic today he says that we can get 500hp to the wheels and be a reliable daily driver. I would like to get even more out of it then that but time will tell.

sounds like a good build dude looking forward to it.. 500whp won't be a reliable daily driver tho.. why do you want over 500 anyway?? thats a little too much lol.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I dont think you will hit 500hp without a lot of trial, error, money and lots of custom machined engine parts and good tuning. You would be better off buying something with a 2jzgte.

AngryAgent

Reaction score
I dont think you will hit 500hp without a lot of trial, error, money and lots of custom machined engine parts and good tuning. You would be better off buying something with a 2jzgte.

The trial and error has already been established with tons of race cars being built by my mechanic now, and with a turbo set-up 500hp ain't shiz..

I thought you were going to come in here and say just build an H22 like you have in everyone else's threads:asshole:

Thanks for your opinion, but I think my mechanic has everything under control:D

Erik123456789

Reaction score
i dont think you should even try hitting 500whp on a g23 tbh especially if you wanna make it a reliable daily driver

Back