CG2 Chassis Bracing -- Do you guys want these made?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Track bar and beefier radius rods with spherical joints and bushings would more beneficial.

Panhard bar(s) for the front and/or rear? Where would we mount these for the front and/or rear?
Photos would help if available.

** Ultra Racing does make a Panhard Bar for certain models of cars. I'm seeing a rear panhard bar and a front frame panhard.

Perodua%20kelisa%20panhard%20rod.jpg

Honda%20CF4%20front%20Torsion%20bar.jpg

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, not panard bars. We don't have rear axles. That 2nd picture, looks like all that bar is, is a replacement for the factory reinforcement beam. Probably lighter by a few pounds but thats the only advantage I see from it.

Look at the front subframe. It's two pieces. The rear half holes the steering box assy and the front lower control arms attach to it. The front half has two radius rods coming from it that go back to the control arms to help center them.

3 bolts on either side hold the two halves together. 6 long bolts hold it into the rails of the unibody.

Wrenchin024.jpg

Wrenchin028.jpg

Wrenchin032.jpg

Last edited:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
^ Ok, I see.

Thanks for showing us the possibility of strengthening this part of the control arm set up. But, I don't think a larger diameter radius rod with spherical joints would ever be offered as a "production" item, especially for our cars. In other words, we probably could never get a company to make them for us. We might have better luck asking an individual fabricate this for us.

Perhaps this is something we could try to make happen in the future?

Where does the track bar come into play on the front?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
oh ok man a Traction Bar.

Yeah, I came across those while I researched a "Track Bar" and thought maybe we could use those and are they the same as what BlkCurrantKord was talking about.

Appreciate your input.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
We. Need. Traction Bars.

it will help out performance as well as tranny drops and relocated front mounts

Back