Want To Borrow: Stock 98-02 Accord Coupe exhaust

tunerbum147

Reaction score
i got a ticket for the same this and i had a cop friend sign off with a certificate of correction it was called i believe. it basically said its not too loud and you send it in with the ticket and dont have to pay anything. i live in new york though so i dont know if you can do such a thing in CA if you knew a cop. good luck though

imaricer:)

Reaction score
My exhaust will not pass the dB test for sure... I just have a cat and resonator, no muffler.

5310328098_3cfb974937_b.jpg

It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but yeah... it's basically a truck exhaust tip welded to a straight pipe with a resonator and cat.

i had this same setup but with no cat

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Damn you have a clean coupe there. He pulled you over for the Exhaust, but didn't have time to measure your car height? hah. CHP are dicks anyways.

Somebody save this guy the hassle of buying somethign he will only need for a few hours!

GL

TheHunter

Reaction score
I have the stock dual v6 exhaust but the exhaust shop cut it in half so it has to be welded back together.

hirichard

Reaction score
you can borrow mine, but i dont know if it'll fit yours. i had a flange welded on so i can easily bolt on and off my stock and after market for that exact reason. cops harass cars with exhausts out here too.

sorry to threadjack but can you PM me pics or make a diy thread? haha i think this is going to be helpful..

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Sent out a PM but still open to anyone that can lend me their exhaust for a little while.

hirichard

Reaction score
come on guys! i know all you stock guys are reading this! or someone who's accord isnt a dd. help him outt

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
sorry to threadjack but can you PM me pics or make a diy thread? haha i think this is going to be helpful..

Hey, sorry, didnt subscribe to this thread. Heres some pics of my stock muffler and how the flange is welded up. The set up on my car is a straight pipe from the cat, no resonator. I had a muffler shop weld up the pipe, then asked them to put a flange not too far back so with two bolts I can take off the after market exhaust and put on the stock. Stock muffler sits exactly where it used to, still use the same hooks and rubber garmets to keep it in place. On the aftermarket exhaust, the piping coming out of the back of it is straight with a slight bend since its not as long as the stock muffler. I guess if you're good at welding you can DIY but for $30 bucks at your local muffler hole in the wall shop they can do it. I get my car back Saturday hopefully from the shop thats doing my swap and i'll take more pics then if you still want them.
Sorry about the quality, used my iphone to take the pics.

photo-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back