Want To Borrow: Stock 98-02 Accord Coupe exhaust

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
i got a ticket for the same this and i had a cop friend sign off with a certificate of correction it was called i believe. it basically said its not too loud and you send it in with the ticket and dont have to pay anything. i live in new york though so i dont know if you can do such a thing in CA if you knew a cop. good luck though

If cited a correctable violation in CA, you have to fix it, go to CHP, they have to sign it and stamp the back of the ticket, then for every violation its now a $25 fee. It used to be $10 each, but 2010 they increased it.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Hey, sorry, didnt subscribe to this thread. Heres some pics of my stock muffler and how the flange is welded up. The set up on my car is a straight pipe from the cat, no resonator. I had a muffler shop weld up the pipe, then asked them to put a flange not too far back so with two bolts I can take off the after market exhaust and put on the stock. Stock muffler sits exactly where it used to, still use the same hooks and rubber garmets to keep it in place. On the aftermarket exhaust, the piping coming out of the back of it is straight with a slight bend since its not as long as the stock muffler. I guess if you're good at welding you can DIY but for $30 bucks at your local muffler hole in the wall shop they can do it. I get my car back Saturday hopefully from the shop thats doing my swap and i'll take more pics then if you still want them.
Sorry about the quality, used my iphone to take the pics.

photo-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Ah very clever !!

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Bumping this up again because the original plan fell through.

lwlba

Reaction score
hey man i think i still have mine. can u remind me to check?

Back