★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 3/23/11*

:slap:

;)

Nick, maybe you can give a short synopsis of why it would be worth doing this for a performance gain, worth the expenditure of money and time, versus a regular setup (not taking into account any 'uniqueness' factors). I don't even know what the price tag would be for this to get an end result.. I know that ITBs by themselves aren't cheap at all, custom conversion plates, etc.. What would gain be versus a regular setup?

Drift

Reaction score

:slap:

;)

Nick, maybe you can give a short synopsis of why it would be worth doing this for a performance gain, worth the expenditure of money and time, versus a regular setup (not taking into account any 'uniqueness' factors). I don't even know what the price tag would be for this to get an end result.. I know that ITBs by themselves aren't cheap at all, custom conversion plates, etc.. What would gain be versus a regular setup?

The real benefit is having the same amount of air enter each cylinder. But for a daily driver its not worth the time or money to develop an ITB setup if there isnt one that someone already makes.

I'm just bustin' your balls. The stock intake manifold is fine. :p

akoutmos

Reaction score

That supra is baller status.

ITB turbo is just pure sex. As Nick said it was on the sunny GTiR. Can also be found on the RB26s. Tony the tiger was running it on his integra a while ago. Don't know what his car is runin now. Either way you get great response out of your turbo setup and it also helps make everything uniform in terms of air distribution.

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Zoiks, been far too long since I posted on here.... wow Nikita your car has come a long way (even from Pages 43 - my last post in '10)
Hope things really get into motion for you shortly, I love living life through others' builds.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Haha hey man, truly I haven't seen you around in a minute! My build is still stagnant due to a variety of factors. I just graduated and got my nursing degree, so that was my pure focus. Had I spent prioritized time on the Accord, it would have been doubtful that I would have finished my most imperative schooling. Now that I am done, I can focus my energy here. The other holdup has been the shop. I told them to start on my crank a while ago and they haven't even touched it. Still trying to get a combo price on piston rings & Crower rods through RaceEng.com. After I get that, it will be all dependent on how quick the shop can do my stuff. I am trailering the Accord from it's current location 1.5hrs away, to where I am now - to a friend's garage. I already got the truck, just looking for a trailer - and this will happen between now and this weekend.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

uhaul has trailers. if you rent it for 24 hours and return it to the same place its only about $80 that's how I got the 240 when I bought it and how I got the accord to va from pa. congrats on graduating too man. can't wait to see some progress on the accord now that your done school.

GlassJAw

Reaction score

Congrats on graduating dude, really good to see you got the priorities in the right order.
Interesting that you've gone nursing, my mate here did a degree in that, he did placement (required here for the course - not sure about USA) with the paramedics over the xmas breaks and decided that was more his thing.
He now owns 2 houses, has a stunning wife and 2 kids. He is GM of the local stations and absolutely loves it..... guess I'm trying to say perhaps you should have a look at being a paramedic.
(they seem to get paid better than nurses here - could be different in the US)

Anyways, cars progressing fairly well all things considered, don't lose site of the goal as you're almost there - even if it doesn't seem like it right now.
Whatever happened to the VW you had too btw?

mr. smith

Reaction score

if you need any help let me know.

Back