Had some spare time for pictures. (56K Who still uses?)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I have the same problem in my rear. I installed new suspension and it was even, but then a couple months later I moved to a new apartment and loaded up my car with stuff, and ever since then the rear passenger side has sat a bit lower than the rear driver side. Both Yellows are on their highest setting.

Car looks nice, but as others have said those wheels are sunk bigtime. Good luck with the wheel search.

Btw how do you like the Koni's and GC setup? How does the ride feel compared to OEM?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Check the top spring seats and make sure the springs are seated in the same position on both sides. After Kevin and I installed my Konis we pulled the car out of the garage and the pass rear was sitting about a half inch higher than the drivers side. I thought at first that I had forgotten to move the spring perch down on that side. Turns out that over time, the springs had worn and indenture into the rubber bushing that goes between the top of the spring and the top hat.

Drivers side was seated into the indenture in the rubber bushing, passenger side wasn't. All I did was jack the car up on that side, spun the spring around so it was seated like the other side, lowered it back down and it was even.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
nice drop... :thumbsup:

i like the pix too.. bokeh ftw :boink: what lens/camera are u using? :thinking:

btw, u can buy my volks if u want :hide:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Check the top spring seats and make sure the springs are seated in the same position on both sides. After Kevin and I installed my Konis we pulled the car out of the garage and the pass rear was sitting about a half inch higher than the drivers side. I thought at first that I had forgotten to move the spring perch down on that side. Turns out that over time, the springs had worn and indenture into the rubber bushing that goes between the top of the spring and the top hat.

Drivers side was seated into the indenture in the rubber bushing, passenger side wasn't. All I did was jack the car up on that side, spun the spring around so it was seated like the other side, lowered it back down and it was even.

Thanks for posting this, I am thinking this must be my problem because mine became uneven after I had loaded it with a bunch of stuff one weekend. But maybe not because you said you saw the difference immediately after you put the suspension on, whereas my difference didn't happen until I had a bunch of weight in the car...

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I have the same problem in my rear. I installed new suspension and it was even, but then a couple months later I moved to a new apartment and loaded up my car with stuff, and ever since then the rear passenger side has sat a bit lower than the rear driver side. Both Yellows are on their highest setting.

Car looks nice, but as others have said those wheels are sunk bigtime. Good luck with the wheel search.

Btw how do you like the Koni's and GC setup? How does the ride feel compared to OEM?

Thanks. The Koni's and Ground control are treating me nicely. I do alot of city driving so my damper is set to it's softest setting. It rides very well in the city, i've never tried driving in the city with it being on the stiffest setting.

+1

Car looks great!

Thanks!

Wow, thanks for the input, never realized about that. I'm going to do that in the afternoon and see if it turns out as what I will expect. Thanks big time for helping out.

All I did was just install it together, but never knew if the springs were facing the same way.

nice drop... :thumbsup:

i like the pix too.. bokeh ftw :boink: what lens/camera are u using? :thinking:

btw, u can buy my volks if u want :hide:

On this specific photos of my car I was using a Canon EOS REBEL T2i with the Canon f1.8 50mm lens. The Len's makes the quality of the picture so damn nice. It's also very cheap. If you like taking portrait I would really recommend. It's a cheap lens and made out of plastic, but the picture is sharp.

What kind of Volks are you selling? Just asking, but I doubt I have enough for it haha.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
aah.. nifty fifty....

but canon ftl :hide:

i have 18 X 7.5 volk racing GT7 in the 4 lug pattern.... i'm getting old, so i'm thinking of parting out haha

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score

This is more than likely your problem, happened to me as well.

Back