1BAD6's Skyline Gray Paint and Bodywork Thread! New pics pg9!!!

1bad6

Reaction score
Definitely looks like very quality work man!

The car isn't my taste at all with the mesh, body kit, wheels and drop aren't agressive enough, however I do like the wheels, just not on your car. The paint looks really nice and so does the interior. Looks to me like the car had good intentions but just doesn't flow and is cluttered.

I'm sure if I saw it in person I would have a different oppinion because I bet these pictures don't do your car justice.

Again props on the work and being different.

The pics aren't bad at all, but there isn't anything like seeing something in person. My lady lives near Nashville so we might be able to hook up one day when I'm passing near Knoxville. PM me your number.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I think the front H emblem is much too small for the amount of grill space you have. Get the Civic Si emblem or the 7thgen red emblems. They're much bigger, and will fit the grill area just a bit better.

Have you thought about painting the mesh black? and possibly putting on a front splitter from APR

CHID0

Reaction score
LOL. Lots of folks on here don't really dig the mesh, but I love it. And I've gotten nothing but compliments from random folks on the street...at gas stations, restaurants, etc. I always had the R34 front bumper...it's the back one that was switched out and I went with a lip attached to the back bumper instead. The one that came with the kit sat way too low and would have been jacked up within a few months of street driving. I appreciate the compliments!

I can respect that you march to the beat of a different drum and you don't compromise what you believe to be aesthetically pleasing to conform with the masses. Props.

About the kit. I think you could have gotten away with the buddyclub rear. Several years ago I had one on my car, the whole kit and i was probably over an inch lower than you and i had no problems with the rear. The front gave me a bit of trouble tho, only because it was maybe an inch or so off the ground.

1bad6

Reaction score
I think the front H emblem is much too small for the amount of grill space you have. Get the Civic Si emblem or the 7thgen red emblems. They're much bigger, and will fit the grill area just a bit better.

Have you thought about painting the mesh black? and possibly putting on a front splitter from APR

I hadn't thought about painting the grill black. I will look at the emblem again and see if a bigger one would be better. The splitter wouldn't happen...again, the front cannot go any lower to the ground and certainly can't extend further out at all. There's no real benefit and and then I'd be driving on pins and needles wondering if the drive through that I'm coming out of will tear up my front bumper...or if it'll be the next drive through that does it.

I can respect that you march to the beat of a different drum and you don't compromise what you believe to be aesthetically pleasing to conform with the masses. Props.

About the kit. I think you could have gotten away with the buddyclub rear. Several years ago I had one on my car, the whole kit and i was probably over an inch lower than you and i had no problems with the rear. The front gave me a bit of trouble tho, only because it was maybe an inch or so off the ground.

Thanks bud.

I don't like riding so low...I don't see the point in having a rear or front bumper that barely clears the ground. Then you have to think about every dip, speed bump, and carrying rear passengers.

rave93

Reaction score
loving the car and what it came out to be :)
id have painted the mesh black tho, just so u get some diff colours on the front and it isnt so "bam look at me i have massive grilzzzzzzz" LOL

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
That car is frick'n sick! Beautiful! I admit, there is a lot of parts I would never have tried or wanted to use. Bbut D@mn! U did a good job. LOVE'N the red carpet.***P I M P***
:thumbup:

Brad2274

Reaction score
the quality of your project is just awesome, it was done right, im digging the kit and the color, and i really love your interior, thats what ive been wanting to do to mine, just gotta find a black leather interior then id do red suede trim myself. make it the way you want it! feedback can be ignored or you can make changes, all up to you, its your car

Back