Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I recently did a blue LED swap. The only issues I currently have are of course a dim defrost switch and dim needles. I know I'll have to wire in a red LED if I want to fix the defrost, but I'm at a bit of a loss for the needles. I did not put any lights in the top 2 holders (the ones that shine down from the top to light the faces). Would the needles pick up light from those? Should I mod the needles themselves? Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Since this was taken I have fixed the hotspots/other blue lighting issues with the HVAC cluster.

Hey man. Since the needles and the gauges share the same bulb, whatever LED's you put in are distributed for both (also since the clear plastic piece is collective). Modding the needles will not help. You would have to cut up the clear plastic piece inside the cluster that distributes the light, then isolate an area for the needle, then drill a small hole for a white or red led and wire it up. Not easy, but doable.

I have been doing a lot of work on my cluster lately and I wanted to do the blue too, but I didn't think the blue would illuminate the needles very well. I would try sticking two white lights in the above slots, it can only help. But most of the light for the needles comes from under them.

how did you get your HVAC display to be white? I know there is a filter behind the display but i am afraid to take it out.

lol you answered your own question. Gotta remove that filter if you want true white, just like in the cluster. No way around it.

nfcrew54

Reaction score
Ok, I've been up all night and finally found some answers on how to properly do needle recalibrations on your gauge cluster... Very important thing not to do... taking out the needle with the metal pin still attach to it. to go more in depth here is the link below:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23599&highlight=needle+calibration

because of this.. I'm more at ease deciding whether to convert my gauge cluster to white leds.

luird4

Reaction score
i like the picks. im about to do this mod on my accord. i just have one question. what led did you use off of superbrightleds? is it the x or x4 leds?

Snoobly

Reaction score
74-xHP3: Wedge Base LED bulb this one is for water temp gauge?
Options: 74-CWHP3: Cool White

74-x: Wedge Base LED bulb These go in the clock, climate controls and cruise control?
Options: 74-W: Cool White

WLED-x5: 5 LED Wide Angle Wedge Base Bulb
Options: WLED-CW5: Cool White 0.95
These are for big gauges and courtesy lights?

3710-xHP3: 3 High Power LED Festoon Bulb
Options: 3710-CWHP3: Cool White
This is the Dome light?

Im confused how the 74s go in, there is no socket on them, does the light bulb pop out?

Ralphie

Reaction score
So according to the OP, if you do 3 174 and 3 74 does that include the temp gauge?!

Gotta Be Marc

Reaction score
So 3- 194 LEDs
and 3- 74 LEDs
To light up the entire gauge cluster, RPM, SPEEDO, FUEL + TEMP GAUGE, and ODO.

I believe that is it.

OP confirm?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
So 3- 194 LEDs
and 3- 74 LEDs
To light up the entire gauge cluster, RPM, SPEEDO, FUEL + TEMP GAUGE, and ODO.

I believe that is it.

OP confirm?

I did it in 2006 so this is what I recall. 3x 194 bulbs and 1x 74 bulb for the actual cluster. Then you have 2x 74 bulbs on the top of the cluster which are "optional", some people don't like using bulbs on top.

Back