Ok, started my led project, here are some pics

Gotta Be Marc

Reaction score
I did it in 2006 so this is what I recall. 3x 194 bulbs and 1x 74 bulb for the actual cluster. Then you have 2x 74 bulbs on the top of the cluster which are "optional", some people don't like using bulbs on top.

On top of the cluster?? wat do those light up??

I want mine looking just like yours, rpm, speedo, fuel, temp, odo lit up.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
is the same bulb #'s for sedans also?:duckhunt:

Not positive. I believe there is a difference between V6 and I4 but not sedan and coupe. They are different clusters, not sure if the bulbs are different.

On top of the cluster?? wat do those light up??

I want mine looking just like yours, rpm, speedo, fuel, temp, odo lit up.

I am not sure if the 98-00 have the lights on top (not sure what year you have anyway). If you have an 02, you should have them. I cannot speak on other years.

Gotta Be Marc

Reaction score
i got 99, they're probably not there.
Thanks for the help though. I'll be buying some LEDs soon. Love the way yours look. I was planning to get reverse glow gauges, but its more expensive, and harder to install, and doesn't look as good as yours.

Bax

Reaction score
my 99 has the two overhead lights as well, but I chose to remove mine. All they really do is take away from the actual gauges. Unless you're blind as a bat you don't need extra lighting there.

Also, a lot can be figured out on your own simply by just taking out the 6 screws and looking at your own cluster.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
Great write up! I used this to do mine before I even joined here.
Before half of the back lights were burnt out and I struggled to read it at night.
Took out the two spot lights on top and didn't have a 74 led for the odometer so I just colored the regular bulb red with a sharpie haha

img1168tz.jpg

img1177r.jpg

Mar4elo

Reaction score

LeAccord

Reaction score
can i ask one question.

Is there a big difference what kind of 194 and 74 bulbs i'll use? I mean if the will be polarized or not polarized?

Or for 194 they must be not polarized and for 74 they can be polarized? Or how it works?

Which is better to use?

I want to order this one http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led-bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/

and

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/miniature-wedge-base/74-led-bulb-1-smd-led-wedge-base/227/

Thank you for help.

Pretty sure you can use any of them, but your second link will give you a heavy hotspot. These would be better http://www.superbrightleds.com/more...194-led-bulb-5-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/199/

Back