NO HEAT!

osterman1223

Reaction score
Hey guys! It's way below 10 degrees and I have no heat in my accord. Thermostat is new, new coolant, new heater valve, new blower motor (was bad) and resister and got a used heater control assembly from a junk yard because mine did not work. I tried pulling the metal line for the heater valve but no change as far as getting heat to the vehicle. I really hope it's not the heater core.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Is it just blowing cold air or?

When you change the temp from cold to hot and vice versa do you hear the blend door working under the dash?

There isn't much to a heater core. When they take a dump you'll usually have a wet passenger floor area and start smelling the coolant as it leaks.

osterman1223

Reaction score
Is it just blowing cold air or?

When you change the temp from cold to hot and vice versa do you hear the blend door working under the dash?

There isn't much to a heater core. When they take a dump you'll usually have a wet passenger floor area and start smelling the coolant as it leaks.
I think I found the issue. I don't hear the blend door motor working. All I feel is cold air no matter if the dial is all the way to the right for 100% heat.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

T.$.Racing

Reaction score
Yeah, I would lean towards the blend door actuator. Might want to see if you can see/reach it and make sure something didn't just get disconnected on it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Following. My heat just died too, it has been stuck on for a couple years, which was fine since it's my winter car. But felt it pooping out the other day on the way home from work, and now just cold air blows. If it weren't for the heated seat swap I'd have been an icicle this morning haha.

Back