what headlights to choose?

meximan16

Reaction score
^but one you have a retro you won't want to go back to reflector headlights lol I know I miss my retro

001Stunna

Reaction score
OEM Headlights are better then ebay blackhoused headlights if you are NOT using an HID kit.
OEM Headlights are the same as ebay backhoused headlights if you ARE using an HID kit.
OEM Headlights are the better choice to be used for a retrofit compared to ebay headlights.

So the bottom line being, the ebay headlights will be fine. Make sure you adjust their beam height accordingly and throw a 4500-5000k hid kit on them for optimum light output.

Where in canada are you located? Keep in mind with most sellers on ebay who ship with UPS, you WILL have to pay UPS Fees and Taxes on top of the ebay price. http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

& i would get these http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1998-2002-Ho...del:Accord&hash=item43b314ea49#ht_5344wt_1271

The reflective blinker bucket is a must in my opinion.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
OP, if you go with the last choice that 001Stunna posted, consider doing it yourself with your own OEM headlights.

There are several threads on here of people who have done similar work on their stock headlights.

There are also threads on how to restore your OEM headlights if they are hazy.

001Stunna

Reaction score
OP, if you go with the last choice that 001Stunna posted, consider doing it yourself with your own OEM headlights.

There are several threads on here of people who have done similar work on their stock headlights.

There are also threads on how to restore your OEM headlights if they are hazy.

Downside of doing it yourself however is having downtime for the car.
Personally i can relate to the OP if that's an issue and at times spending $100 on some new after-market headlights is easier/better then having the car sit with no headlights and un-drivable.

Looking at it in a positive way, you can always use the oem headlights for a retrofit in the future and you can take your time and do it perfectly since you'll be in no rush to put them back in the car.

Mar4elo

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks to everyone who said their thoughts and recommendations. Now will try to sell Halo lights. Then will see... Or will order black housing lights from EBAY or will try to make it by myself.

Thank very much.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
If you don't mind not driving your car for a day or two, you should try blackhousing them on your own.
It's pretty easy, all you need is a some wrenches to take off the bumper and lights, an oven or heat gun, sandpaper, high temperature spray paint, and some sealant.
I did it on my own, was done in a day and it came out great. Big difference in the cars appearance and the light output is pretty much the same since you're not painting the reflective buckets.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
OEM Headlights are better then ebay blackhoused headlights if you are NOT using an HID kit.
OEM Headlights are the same as ebay backhoused headlights if you ARE using an HID kit.
OEM Headlights are the better choice to be used for a retrofit compared to ebay headlights.

So the bottom line being, the ebay headlights will be fine. Make sure you adjust their beam height accordingly and throw a 4500-5000k hid kit on them for optimum light output.

Where in canada are you located? Keep in mind with most sellers on ebay who ship with UPS, you WILL have to pay UPS Fees and Taxes on top of the ebay price. http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

& i would get these http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1998-2002-Ho...del:Accord&hash=item43b314ea49#ht_5344wt_1271

The reflective blinker bucket is a must in my opinion.

Those are pretty sexy housings... ima buy them now :D

Mar4elo

Reaction score
Hi guys. At last I decided to make blackhousig by myself. A found the DYI and everything actually clear. I got pair of headlights at junk yard. So can do it. The one question I have for now is: Is the light output from OEM blackhoused headlights will be the same like from stock headlights with stock bulbs? Uhhkileez wrote that it will be different a little bit. Just want to hear thoughts of other people who had experience with this. Thank you for help.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Output will be the same if you leave all the reflector buckets stock. But if you paint the entire turn signal reflector black, the turn signal won’t be as visible to other drivers.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Good call on going with the stock headlights and blackhousing them.

Thinking of a retro as well?

Back