what headlights to choose?

Mar4elo

Reaction score
RedRyder, SykVSyx thank you for fast respond. I'm not planing to paint reflectors. Just housing. I would like to get retrofit headlights. But for now the price for my wallet is to much. :) I saw that somebody from guys made a DIY how to make retrofits. Actually everything is understood but I'm afraid that I don't have enought skills to make it. :( With blackhousing it seems to be easier. The only thing I'm afraid is about painting. Not sure if I'll be able to put equal amount of paint.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
For retros the Morimoto is as simple as you get, it's no big deal from what I've heard. Just read some of the threads on here, and you'll get a feel for it.

When you paint the housings just use a rattlecan and be sure not to spray too close and sweep evenly as you spray. You can handle it.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Use high temp paint like duplicolor's engine enamel.

Its necessary honestly. Anything else will melt and bubble.

Mar4elo

Reaction score
Thankyou for support RedRyde. For now I'm waiting better weather. Cause in Canada ( Alberta) it's - 20 C now. :D. It will get hotter soon. Than I'll start. I also trying to find front bumper from coupe ( 01-02 years). So that I can make my headlights and change bumper. But, it's not so easy to find it hear. :( Cleansleeper thank you for advice. Will try to find it hear.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Use high temp paint like duplicolor's engine enamel.

Its necessary honestly. Anything else will melt and bubble.

I sanded my bezels, primed, wetsanded and used some cheap flat black paint I had laying around. Not one issue with melting/bubbling/peeling whatsoever and been 1year+.

People need to stop aiming the projector beam so it goes through the bezel and keep them straight and leveled.

Back