Vinyl Wrap, how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
its not an easy DIY.

with flat vinyls you really need to understand that stretching flat vinyls too much will cause them to get glossy so you really need to minimize the stretching you do. and most standard vinyls are much thinner than 3m dinoc.. that stuff doesnt flex nearly as much as a standard vinyl will. also, if a rock hits your vinyl and scratches it, the scratch will be glossy and there is no fixing that. same with rock chip. once the rock or whatever has dug into your vinyl, its over, need to replace the entire piece to get it perfect again.

Thanks for the input. This is what i was looking for in a response. So you wouldn't do it if your paint was ok? I have a lot of rock chips and scratches because this was a city car before i bought it.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
id rather just vinyl wrap the car then pay the same amount on color matching bumpers.

It makes more sense to match a bumper or two to the finish that covers the majority of your car, rather than match the majority of your car to a bumper. Unless the paint was in utter disarray.

there is no fixing that. same with rock chip. once the rock or whatever has dug into your vinyl, its over, need to replace the entire piece to get it perfect again.

This is what I was going to say. And I don’t think a 3M clearbra adheres to vinyl very well, if at all.

I would take the money you would have put toward this project, and get a nice detail job. If they're just surface scratches they'll be gone with a buff and polish. For the rock chips if they're 1/4" or smaller in diameter, get a paint pen in your paint code and fill them in.

Last edited:

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Visit www.sweet-signs.com

A buddy of mine started the company and I help out. We do everything from wrapping car to boats. He can get u basically any color you want and we also install aswell. I think there is also a # on there that you can call and he can answer any kind of question you might have. He is in the process of wrapping his e30 convertible as we speak.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
I decided not to sell my car the buyer is pissed and still texting me but w.e.
yeah, when you sell on ebay and the buyer clicks the BIN button, you both are entering into a contract. i wonder why the buyer would be pissed when you renege on a legally binding contract :rolleyes:

the pieces are coming together...

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
The car may have imperfections now but wrapping it will show even more imperfections in the nearby future. You're better off paint matching the bumper. It'll look better and I bet you'll be more satisfied with painting then wrapping.

Bax

Reaction score
mutant_facepalm.jpg

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

I got bored on photshop and made a desktop wallpaper. When i was posting it on eBay my dad said why don't you use the desktop pic and i said Nah its not my car and he said who would know its the same car. Theyre both black v6 coupes and it has my wheels It doesn't show anything he has on it. I understand I used it without his permission but it wasn't meant to be used for that reason. I hope he's not mad, if anything its a complement towrds him.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back