Really considering swapping to an AP1 S2000, H22 Accord part out?

cvjoint

Reaction score
While swapping to a V6 would solve some of my worries I still don't have time to work on swapping everything over as I'm very time constrained in gradschool, not to mention still expensive to swap in a 6 speed.

I was thinking what car would give me equal or better driving feel, good penwork, gas mileage, reliability without requiring too much modding and that passes CARB regulations without breaking the bank. I think the S2000 is the only one that fits the description at an obvious loss of practicality. Since I'm in gradschool for hopefully a few more years I don't need to haul things around and I only date one girl at a time ha ha.

So what to do with the H22 Accord? I want to get the most money back to get the S.

One idea was to give the H22 motor alone to a shop that is willing to swap my engine back in. I saved the original motor and catalytic converter, but not much else.

Second idea is to meet some of you guys in So.Cal. for swapping your stock parts for my mods and $.

If I return the car back to stock I would obviously loose some money buying back stock parts and the H22 if a shop agrees to it.

Should I instead part out the whole thing?

My list of mods:
'95 JDM H22 240 across the board compression
Powdercoated valve cover
Endyn high pressure oil pump
Greddy Kevlar Belts
H23 manual tensioner
NGK plugs and wires
CF valve cover beauty plate
New powersteering
Barely used starter, ignition coil
Innovative mounts w. innovative custom driver mount
Hytech style header
Aem V2 powdercoated
Hondata S300 w/ p28 ecu
Conversion harness
3 inch Magnaflow cat, and resonators
Apexi WS2 cans duals
The whole exhaust is SS mendrel bent, ideal for any 4cyl 6cyl with a flange for your stock cat or whatnot.
18x8 20.7lbs Koenig Zero In wheels 5 lug wheels
5 lug conversion
Brand new 5 lug Powerslog big rotor kit front and back
Irragi HO Alt 180 amps 4 cyl model
Carbon fiber trunk and hood, Vis and Seibon
Type R lip painted
Pspec tunning shifter kit
Acura type S sterring wheel
Momo shifter, ebrake, pedals
Bilstein H&R suspension race
Ingalls camber kit front and back
Recaro seats, hardly any use and modded rails to fit 6th gen

I have about 6k invested in the Audio system too, very custom, almost no name brands, would probably sell most at DYMA.

So yeah, not a sale thread, but a what to do with my Accord given what I put in it. There's over 25k invested, hoping to get 15k back on everything including car. How should I part it? Ideas?

New car would be ideally a 2.0 S2000, 2003 with 20k miles at most.

MAR387

Reaction score
cv -

Your CG3 is pretty sick but I highly doubt you would get anyone to spend more than 10k, 12k tops, for your car. No offense. The reasoning behind it is, you can get some boosted hondas or other cars that are lighter and faster for around 15. I mean, you can get an s2000 for 15k.

meximan16

Reaction score
just start out fresh. you can always give the car to me? lol all pay for your plane ticket back

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
your best chance is selling the car stock ... and like you mentioned to sell your aftermarket stuff for stock parts + cash ... and if you do plan to part it out ... let me knw i have cash in hand and parts i need

cvjoint

Reaction score
cv -

Your CG3 is pretty sick but I highly doubt you would get anyone to spend more than 10k, 12k tops, for your car. No offense. The reasoning behind it is, you can get some boosted hondas or other cars that are lighter and faster for around 15. I mean, you can get an s2000 for 15k.

No offense taken, plus it's not what I meant. I'm hoping to get 15k on all parts that are in it including the chassis. No S2000 comes with a carputer, dual monitors, Hondata S300, hand built speakers etc.

i like the sound of that iraggi ho alt and if u had the wires to go with it.....

What wires? I have it running on the H22 right now, it's a *****in' unit, easy swap from the f23. I have big 3 done if that's what you are referring to.

your best chance is selling the car stock ... and like you mentioned to sell your aftermarket stuff for stock parts + cash ... and if you do plan to part it out ... let me knw i have cash in hand and parts i need

I am definitely going to sell aftermarket gear separately, I don't think anyone wants a modded car for somebody else. The only question is do I want to return the car to stock? Here's the deal, I need to spend money for:
*swapping F23 back in
*all exhaust parts and reweld hangers (-cat)
*door panels (I have fiberglass custom units holding 10 inch midbass drivers)
*stock seats
*stock hood
*stock suspension
*stock trunk
*stock shifter, knobs, etc

This will cost a lot of money, and how much do you think I can get back if I sell it? It has sun damage on the paint up top, and 146,000 miles. The transmission is flawless at only 40,000 miles, but yeah stick shift.

cvjoint

Reaction score
I'll keep you guys in mind when I break it in pieces. I'll give this forum the first look at the parts.

Back