Coolant temp sensor not working after 5 speed swap

dcmystery21

Reaction score
I have a cel but it is for my bad speedo sensor (will be replacing tomorrow). In other words, no cel for the temp sensor. The gauge does not work though.

Drift

Reaction score
This is some mis-information here.

The 98-99 accord use a sender for the gauge cluster and a sensor for the ECU. (The sender is under the dizzy and looks like a headphone jack)

The 00-02 us a sensor that goes to the ECU, and then the ECU sends the signal to the cluster.

You either need an 00-02 ECU, or so get an after market gauge. Problem solved.

The "sensor" on the thermostat housing is only a fan switch, and has nothing to do with this issue.

dcmystery21

Reaction score
This is some mis-information here.

The 98-99 accord use a sender for the gauge cluster and a sensor for the ECU. (The sender is under the dizzy and looks like a headphone jack)

The 00-02 us a sensor that goes to the ECU, and then the ECU sends the signal to the cluster.

You either need an 00-02 ECU, or so get an after market gauge. Problem solved.

The "sensor" on the thermostat housing is only a fan switch, and has nothing to do with this issue.

alright. thanks for your help. looks like im doing an aftermarket gauge.

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Yeah I'm having exact same prob. Temp gauge Worked before 5spd ecm switch,but stopped working after flash was done. Anyone else have info or what they did to get it back working?

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
there are 2 sensors...the one under the dizzy which is the headphone jack looking one that DRIFT just explained and theres one just behind it which sends the actual temp reading....

i did my 5spd swap and had the same issue after the swap bue i just replaced them both....idk mayb they were banged up during the swap...

Back