Just bought a 98 sedan

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
Got it 2 days ago off craigslist for $900 bucks what do you guys think of this deal? I personally think its a homerun specially because i have connections with fixing it for cheap prices.

THE GOOD :
135k miles
EX V6
Engine is strong and quiet with no CEL
Leather Interior in good condition
Original Paint no dents on body
PRICE

THE BAD :
Radiator support is no good
Needs front bumper
Transmission needs replacing/rebuild but car does run (transmission is now fixed got it rebuilt for 1k with warrantee)

10db33p.jpg

abd4j.jpg

Last edited:

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Tranny rebuild 2000$ + bumper and radiator support = nearing 2500$

So u paid 3400$ for the car after repairs.
Before taxes.

Welcome! :)

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
2000 dollar tranny rebuild? i got quoted in the bronx NY for 1200 bucks with 6 month warrantee and this was before i even bought the car. If the rebuild of the tranny would cost me 2k i would think twice before buying the car. So after all the work im looking at about 2300 spent on the car which i think is still a 3500 dollar car easy once its back in good condition.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
MT swap FTW.

i see this more as luxury than going fast so i would never swap this car to MT thats kinda ricer to me, you lose the whole point of having a semi-luxurious, comfortable, smooth riding car if you do the MT swap. There is a reason this car does not come with a manual transmission, and plus even if you do swap it to MT from there your gonna keep on going with mods (its addicting ive had 10 cars so i know). i love driving this car in the city and not worry about changing gears etc very smooth/chill ride. I have a k series swapped 93 civic si on the side thats gutted and has a 6 puck clutch and aftermarket cams, now THATS a car i can bring to the track and its a hard car to drive the opposite of my accord but i dont mind because those are its intentions.

Last edited:
Back