CL mirrors are

/ - 12"

_ - 8.75"

| - 6.5"

If I remember what Chris said, is bigger than our mirrors. :/

Mikey

Reaction score
The CL mirrors are HUGE! Lol.

Dammit. I'll be happy with my heated mirrors. Maybe, one day, in the future we can find some wya to do HPFMs.

Mikey

Reaction score
all you can have is heated, but pwer folding, will not work.
As you may, or may not, know from my other thread, wiring CDM heated mirrors on the USDM set up is gonna require some work.

I think, for now, I'll let the PFM thing go. I wont abandon it just yet but it's looking more and more like an impossibility.

I still like the thought of using a USDM sail with another mirror's head. I still have the CDM mirrors and the wiring diagrams. I just need to....do something, lol. Everytime I think about it I get frustrated, lol.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yea, I think it would take to time/patient and work to get the dual function mirrors to work.

Mikey

Reaction score
So you still dont think you could put a PFM head on a USDM sail?

The idea is simple but as you said the USDM mirrors arent made to fold. I wish, I wish, lol.

Ive also thought about, instead of trying to fit the blue glass from another mirror, just buying some blue film from 3M and laying that over the mirror. Most definitely cheaper and less hassle.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You've tried folding a USDM mirror manually, yes?

There is no way the PFM motor would be able to fold that mirror without burning out the motor.

Sure, the fild would cost next to nothing in comparison, they may already have pre-cut pieces, although you might want to get a bit extra, so wrap around the mirror a little more.

Mikey

Reaction score
What if you shaved off a bit of the mirror so as to make the acton smoother...? Just a thought.

Yeah, if I didnt cover/wrap the entire piece of glass, id use a template or leave like 1/8" around the film. Probably easier just to cover the entire thing and trim the excess.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am sure the mirror could be sanded down some, but not sure that that would do it.

IMO, find a spare set of USDM folding mirrors, and try that.

When I had looked at mine, I figured it wasn't worth the trouble of modifying my mirrors to see if that option worked, so I wanted to try the JDM mirrors.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have gotten questions about my power foldings. Just for the record mine are power folding and heated. I was looking for power folding mirrors, I tried the euro-r ones but didn't want to much modding. The euro R are smaller and look sportier but the angle was way off. (Right hand drive). So me being as anal and OCD as I'am I kept looking. I took my brothers old CD5 mirrors tried swapping motors,.... no go. Then I made a list of all cars on ebay with PFM (honda) and started to compare. The ****ing DC5 integra aka rsx mirror housing is the sameee! Just the base changes. So guys we can have PFM and heated. For the PFM DC5 and use the USDM Base. (Slight mod needed for the mirror to screw right to sail) Then at my junk yard I noticed the CL 01 has our shape glass and it's HEATED. This was the tricky part I removed the glass from the thin black frame and added it to the RSX thin frame. Take your time and you won't shatter it. Little heat helps remove it from the frame. Then I wired it up according to many online DIYs for the mirror PF relay. For the heated mirror just added it to the rear heated window circuit.
SORRY to everyone that asked and I never replied in a timely manner.
I'll get some pics tonight and post them. (I take pictures of everything done to my car)

Last edited:
Back