★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread!

oh ok.Nice..Im going to go with a 60trim but .48A/R for very quick spool. to keep up with my buddys t28 in his 240.ha

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

it could be your wastegate sticking open/not closing all the way, allowing exhaust to flow out instead of to the turbo until your 6.5sping rate causing a slower spool.

not sure with out feeling/seeing it type deal. cuz mine now it goes normal till about 4.then kicks in until i shift.so im not sure. sucks for such a late spool time with a 6.2k limiter.ha

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

oh also,Im curious if you can hit boost while at idle/stop. having your blow off valve go off.

I cant,i can only hit boost when driving..really sucks,when you wanna be a ricer and blow off at a stop light.. ha

akoutmos

Reaction score

oh also,Im curious if you can hit boost while at idle/stop. having your blow off valve go off.

I cant,i can only hit boost when driving..really sucks,when you wanna be a ricer and blow off at a stop light.. ha

If you're running a standalone ecu set up 2step or anti-lag (launch control). i make 4psi at 3k rpms. I've never heard of anyone making boost standing still though. You need some kind of load on the engine to get the turbo spooling enough to create positive pressure. Your BOV should sound off if you are revving it though. Not extremely loud but a nice sound; If not your BOV spring might be too tight

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

If you're running a standalone ecu set up 2step or anti-lag (launch control). i make 4psi at 3k rpms. I've never heard of anyone making boost standing still though. You need some kind of load on the engine to get the turbo spooling enough to create positive pressure. Your BOV should sound off if you are revving it though. Not extremely loud but a nice sound; If not your BOV spring might be too tight

I have an HKS,so theres no adjustment screws on those. But mayb not get into boost but alteast enough to make the BOV go off.. Like my buddys Neon Srt-4 can rev at standstill and blow off.very loud also.ha

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Hehe I want to adjust my blowoff so it does it under less load. What are pros and cons of that, anyone know?

akoutmos

Reaction score

Hehe I want to adjust my blowoff so it does it under less load. What are pros and cons of that, anyone know?

If the spring is too tight then you will get compressor surge.
If it is too loose then you will have a boost leak.

I have mine to start cracking open at 15 mm Hg. If you have a brake bleed vacuum pump use that to tune the BOV.

Back