★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

turbo_911

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread [ 56k = ok.. for now ]

hmm, so should we just check tomorrow morning to see if your still alive and if its finished? lol since u said working till it will be done and i know it will take a while...

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score

The suspense is killing me lol

Me too, Im like this right now:
suspense1ha9.jpg

lwlba

Reaction score

damn nikita u ballah :omgbd:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

what manifold are you going with? or is it secret till its over? along with WHP goal?

alex_d10

Reaction score

Just saw this...NICE! :D

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

I just retired from working, straight from 7pm last night. :lolhitting: Sleep is for the dead :flipoff:.

Along with being tired, I am very happy. Also, I am disappointed because I still have a factor to take care of tomorrow. I was able to do everything, except when I finally put in my fresh, new tapped oil pan, I realized that it was a defective item and the holes did not line up correctly! So I found the perfect fitting, at a great price, got it machined, precisely drilled, and professionally welded onto a new 'legit' oil pan for nothing. Fking eBay authorized sellers FTL!

So.. Now to get it running, I must find another bung, and drill a hole in my original oil pan, which is bent at the lip because we couldn't get it off one of the two studs (with nuts) holding it on. The rest of the bolts were also a problem due to serious corrosion, but we managed to get them off. The final stud had to be eradicated, and damage to the pan ensued. Looks like I will have to get lucky tomorrow again in terms of producing a viable oil pan for the project.

I do however have some pictures of the result and in progress photos!! These are not specific, just some pics I took along the way, and of what was happening. Most of the time my hands were waaaayy too dirty to handle a camera!

Here is the culprit bastard mfk'ing oil pan which is impeding my spool:

img7624b.jpg

Taking fuel assembly and replacing fuel pump. Look at how corroded those bolts were after New Enalgnd winters!

img7609o.jpg

img7610y.jpg

img7611.jpg

Engine shots:

img7612k.jpg

img7613f.jpg

img7614q.jpg

img7615l.jpg

img7616.jpg

img7617.jpg

img7618z.jpg

img7619kbf.jpg

img7620b.jpg

img7621n.jpg

img7622.jpg

img7623.jpg

Enjoy 6GA!

what manifold are you going with? or is it secret till its over? along with WHP goal?

Just a regular cast-iron log-style manifold. You meant exhaust manifold right? Usually WHP, and reliability don't go together. This is my DD, but I do want some fun from it. I plan on boosting 8lb maximum, and my tuner said we can easily extract at least 275 from that, using Crome and still have reliability intact.

Last edited:

mraw112

Reaction score

Sucks about the oil pan. The same thing happened to me when I bought a replacment for my taped one off ebay. It looks like the exact same one. The bottom of the sump was hitting the oil pick up tube and wouldn't go all the way up. It would probably be best to use your current pan, or get a juck yard one. The f22 pan might be the same.

Does that oil pan have bump on the matting surface?

Every thing looks great.

Back