$10,000 Question

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
CrosCntryAccord said:
reliability is a matter of prior owners care, as is true with all used cars

its a BMW, unless you've got the money for specialized parts they can be expensive to maintain
Yeah especially an m3. Never buy an auto.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Lol, obvioisly. How much does the crx weigh? 1,800lbs?

depends on the year but yea crx hf weighs approx 1800 ... i've always thought about throwing my euro r h22 into a crx hf ... even in it's stock form it would be a beast, considering getting the wheels to hook without breaking axles :p

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Always wanted one of these

Are they reliable? expensive to maintain?
yes and yes :lawl:

well, theres a few give-and-take things like the 6 cylinders not having a timing belt, but you need to change the radiator/water pump/fan/fan clutch/hoses/etc every 90k...costs about $400 in parts...so basically, the same cost as changing a timing belt.

stock suspension wears out by 100k...but who wouldn't put on bilstein shocks or whatever right away, anyway?

rear suspension needs quite a bit of preventative maintenance. upper shock mount wear out ($80 in parts). rear trailing arm and subframe bushings are like $800 (for polyurethane) but if you dont change them when they're worn, the subframe can tear itself free...the entire rear suspension and rear end needs to come out, and have the mounts rewelded :skurred:

goes through front ball joints (but so does my accord).

then theres one relay that likes to take a ****, so buy a couple and keep em in the car...like $10. car wont start if it goes bad (but accords have bad main relays as well so...).

for me, theres a reason why they have a "BMW owners club" in almost every country in which they were sold...and not accord owners clubs, besides forums :coffee:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Lol, obvioisly. How much does the crx weigh? 1,800lbs?

mine weights in, from the factory at 1700lbs, factor in that i've pulled the factory seats and replaced them with racing seats and w/ driver its probably 1825-1850 lbs

depends on the year but yea crx hf weighs approx 1800 ... i've always thought about throwing my euro r h22 into a crx hf ... even in it's stock form it would be a beast, considering getting the wheels to hook without breaking axles :p

only problem you'll run into is mounting it, there arent any h-series mounts for the 1st gen, probably the second gen, but the 1g crx's are 100lbs lighter from the factory.

J30MAN

Reaction score
i just can't seem to like the look of civics no matter how clean they are.

I was just bored so I decided to check some cars out on CL so i went on and searched honda. Then this thing cam up and I fell in love with it. I love my 6GA but I would love to have that civic.

Back