$150 paint job!

dynasty

Reaction score
my friend's $170 paintjob.. from the shop.

IMG_2188.jpg

honda_dude

Reaction score
its that cheap to get a whole car painted at a shop??

Levi

Reaction score
Wow dude that's really nice!!

I saw the first set of pics and was HORRIFIED, thinking that's how you left it. Holy orange peel!!! :run:

But the wetsanding and polishing looks good. I saw those pics and was like ohhh, good! :)

ahaha same here!! i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY?? and i scrolled down more and i was like :):):)

pyaarawala

Reaction score

Yeah seriously wtf? Why are all these shops charging $3,000+ for repainting a car OEM color? Are they just trying to make a lot of money knowing that we are willing to spend a lot of money on the car by seeing that it's modded?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

i didnt do it at a shop,i did this at my house with my own stuff..
shops will charge 3000+ for paint job. well atleast base/clear job..you can get a single stage for 1000+. but itl chip withn mins down the road from rocks.and cant buff it to shine since theres no clear.

most shops only put 2/3 coats of clear...i layed 5 down.

ActNow

Reaction score
Great job buddy, that is the exact color I have been drooling (wanting) to paint my car after I purchase a body kit for it. I've been so dang curious what it would look like on a cord, and you've answered my question in spades.:thumbsup:

tnguyen600

Reaction score
My roof has oxidized, so my dad was like if you don't take care of it, im gonna get some spray paint and do it myself.

So it looks like im gonna be painting my roof lol Is there some basic guidelines? or a link somewhere? When I wet sand, Im sanding after I pay down a coat of paint?..hence "wet sanding"?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
My roof has oxidized, so my dad was like if you don't take care of it, im gonna get some spray paint and do it myself.

So it looks like im gonna be painting my roof lol Is there some basic guidelines? or a link somewhere? When I wet sand, Im sanding after I pay down a coat of paint?..hence "wet sanding"?

before painting it.try wetsanding it with 2000g MAYB 1500G lightly then 2000g...then buff it.

IF it is to bad to repair, then run over your roof with 800/600G few quick times-just to reclear (gotta scuff it up,not go through to base/color coat-or you will have to base coat it and clear it.

make sure you smooth out the oxidation areas(800/600 should do it pretty quickly) then clean if off really good with prepwipes you can pick up in little packs. and spray atleast 3 coats of clear..if your not happy with the outcome then wetsand it and buff it.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Great job buddy, that is the exact color I have been drooling (wanting) to paint my car after I purchase a body kit for it. I've been so dang curious what it would look like on a cord, and you've answered my question in spades.:thumbsup:

as long as your not in GA then i dont mind same color on another accord..haha
gotta be unique here..:)

tnguyen600

Reaction score
nicee, so i can just reapply the clear coat. I remember some people telling me that once its oxidized, it can't be fixed?...

Back